SDI: Advanced Adventure vs Advanced Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you say "accept," could you explain what you are talking about? Accept for what?

Accept as in allow to dive on his boat, come on a trip, etc.....Exactly what I have been saying the entire time.

---------- Post added November 5th, 2014 at 06:40 PM ----------

Sorry we missed that one, Stuart. Computer Nitrox MAY be counted towards Advanced Diver, in addition to one other non-diving specialty (CPROX, Equipment, VIP, etc). However, this is a minimum, an instructor may require additional ratings in order to sign a student off for Advanced Diver.

Safe Diving,
Jon Kieren

Training and Member Services

The wording should be something along the lines of "Two non-diving specialties may apply to the Adventurer card provided one of them is Computer Nitrox"...perfectly clear and doesn't need extra commas or parentheses.

What Cpt. has mentioned. Could I take a certified PADI AOW diver to 130' that has only 8 dives? (Whatever the minimum is for their AOW). Absolutely. Would I though? Most likely not. I'm not saying they're not capable, I've seen people with far more dives that are dangerous divers and the number of dives isn't proof they're a good and capable diver but if it's someone I've never dove with or met before I need to use something as a baseline. Everyone is free to use their own judgement.

What Cpt. has mentioned. Could I take a certified PADI AOW diver to 130' that has only 8 dives? (Whatever the minimum is for their AOW). Absolutely. Would I though? Most likely not. I'm not saying they're not capable, I've seen people with far more dives that are dangerous divers and the number of dives isn't proof they're a good and capable diver but if it's someone I've never dove with or met before I need to use something as a baseline. Everyone is free to use their own judgement.

I was asking because I did not know what you did as a profession that called for you to accept or not accept a certification level.

BTW, PADI AOW max is 100 feet.

The wording should be something along the lines of "Two non-diving specialties may apply to the Adventurer card provided one of them is Computer Nitrox"...perfectly clear and doesn't need extra commas or parentheses.

Which, of course, a great many people would misread as saying that they MUST have two non-diving specialties... Computer Nitrox and one other.

:d

Back
Top Bottom