sd550 & WP-DC80 fogging?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That totally makes me happy. I have the SD550 and am SO waiting to use it underwater. I think its photographs are already crystal clear. Man, your pictures are beautiful! :) I am sure it's not JUST the camera. It's the photographer too!

coconutgirl:
Hi There,
I am just going to use my new camera for the first time in Cozumel. Wondering... it didn't come with any anti-fog or dessicant? How do you keep it from fogging? Any help is appreciated. I want to be preparred.
Also, did you use the weights for the housing????
Thanks~
Moisture Muncher capsules are the way to go. I use them all the time and have never had my housing fog up. Here is a link to show you what they look like. I have a canon housing for my S230 and these fit in the housing well.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/ItemIndex_2/SLFMMC.html?Search=op%3ddtSearch%26Term%3dmoister%26SearchFlag%3dall%26AdvSrchSortField%3dRelevance%26SortDesc%3dFalse%26Hit%3d1

BTW I have been seriously thinking of getting the SD550 w/ housing, how do you like yours?

I have not had a problem with my sd550 fogging but i have only used it on six dives or so. I am very satisfied with my images. Check my gallery out. The underwater feature/setting on the camera makes quite a difference.

I too have the SD550 and have never had a single fogging problem. Three dive trips with it so far: In Jamaica (highly humid, temps in the 80s) and two in California (1 beach dive on a warm day, one 2-day boat trip with temps in the 40's and raining). Ran the camera until the batteries died each time. On the boat, I removed the camera after every other dive to pull pics off and swap batteries. No dessicant.

Pics: http://www.kalani.net/scuba/

I bought the canon weights. Totally forgot about them for this first batch of uses. I'll put a couple on for my next trip, but I have to say I wasn't really bothered by the very slight buoyancy, so I'm not losing any sleep. YMMV. Save your money for an external strobe, which will change the weight anyway.

Back
Top Bottom