Scubastore / DiveInn website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Tx50/DS4 combo for my doubles. It doesn't freeflow to easily and I have never had a problem with the purge. The size is great, it vents on the side of my face instead of in front of it. They also breath better than the mk25/g250 combo I just bought. They are cheaper and its well known that they breath a little wet when your upside down. Thats easy to fix though. Work on your trim :p Apeks are very nice regs for the money.

Does anyone know what happened to DiveInn? I have been trying to get to their website for the last three days with no luck. Is the website just down or did they close up their on-line sales?

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
I own an Apeks ATX100 regulator and have dove on the ATX200, I just don't like it. When you go upside down it leaks - despite a couple of servicings. It freeflows too easily no matter where the venturi adjust is seated. The purge is too easily bumped, the regulator itself is too heavy, the design too poor, do yourself (or your significant other) a favor and spend a little more and go even with a low end Atomic.
Um, sounds like you had a dud, or a dud technician - someone asked a question a while back about Apeks regs breathing wet, so I paid attention on the weekend - swam on my back staring at the surface for about a minute watching the sun streaming down through the kelp - no wet breathing. No leaks. I have two ATX200 second stages, and with the venturi in the "-" position, the backup (nor the primary in the "+" position for that matter) has never freeflowed. I love it. Been down to 120' with no problems. I agree that the first stage is a chunky piece of metal, but hey, so is my LP 95 tank. Went racing around Sat night chasing lobsters, and couldn't overbreathe it.

yeah I got my coupon code but lost it can someone send me a freaking code please? so I can shop online some more:rolleyes:
I just spent a little over $100 at Leisurepro but to the defence of my lds and my buddy who owns it he is still getting about $500 from me between January and March for more training an gear :)

But the $100 I spent at Leisure pro would have cost me about $200 at his shop:bonk:

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Um, sounds like you had a dud, or a dud technician - someone asked a question a while back about Apeks regs breathing wet, so I paid attention on the weekend - swam on my back staring at the surface for about a minute watching the sun streaming down through the kelp - no wet breathing. No leaks. I have two ATX200 second stages, and with the venturi in the "-" position, the backup (nor the primary in the "+" position for that matter) has never freeflowed. I love it. Been down to 120' with no problems. I agree that the first stage is a chunky piece of metal, but hey, so is my LP 95 tank. Went racing around Sat night chasing lobsters, and couldn't overbreathe it.

I have had terrible experiences with Apeks. They've all dove wet. I've posted some of my past frustrations in other threads.

I am very glad you've had a positive experience with your regulator. Apeks was number one in my book when I first started (and I still have my ATX100 1st and 2nd stage and a 40 octo in storage of course) ... BUT then I discovered Atomic and ScubaPro, and never looked back.

Rooster1 once bubbled...
I just spent a little over $100 at Leisurepro but to the defence of my lds and my buddy who owns it he is still getting about $500 from me between January and March for more training an gear

Way to go keeping your LDS in your money loop <wahoo>!

Keep diving.

Turns out most of the site problems were related to the firewall in my office - not sure why it doesn't let the site open, probably some funky scripting thing the firewall blocks.

Anyway I was able to place an order for some new Apeks regs and a Cobra.

Placed an order Monday evening in San Francisco - goods arrived today. Damn they're quick! And that includes a day's delay fluffing around with credit card authorisations.

Hmmm ... I've had no luck connecting to their site for the last week. I've tried from several different computers and at home to no avail. Any suggestions? Is it really a bandwidth problem? Is there a certain time that its easier to connect?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom