Scubastore.com - Don't use them!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a similar experience with North East Scuba Supply (NESS). They did not send me all goods I paid for and now for more than 6 months ignore my emails and phone calls. Is there something what people do in such cases of is this the usual price to pay for a lesson which stores to avoid?

For the OP, if your credit card was not charged, move along and put this behind you. If it was charged, get on the horn with the card company and settle it. Life is too short to screw with crappy companies.
Foe the guy in Latvia - John at NESS is a pretty good guy so I'm surprised that you have not settled this with him. I bought a drysuit from him once, and a cuff needed replacing. It took a couple of extra weeks, so along with the repaired drysuit, he threw in another drysuit plus a new Pinnacle drysuit undergarment.
In any event, good luck with all this.

For the guy in Latvia - John at NESS is a pretty good guy so I'm surprised that you have not settled this with him. I bought a drysuit from him once, and a cuff needed replacing. It took a couple of extra weeks, so along with the repaired drysuit, he threw in another drysuit plus a new Pinnacle drysuit undergarment.
In any event, good luck with all this.

Good for you! Sounds quite astonishing for me. Well, obviously some animals are more equal then others. :)

Life is too short to screw with crappy companies.

Absolutely agree with that. It would be good to know beforehand.

There are still pretty much the same AFTER 4 years when this thread started. Customer service is extremely bad. Ordered 2 snorkels 2 weeks ago & I just received an email today stating that the items the "...we inform you about a delay or a change in the availability of the product(s) purchased." But it doesn't say when it may become available. This is the 2nd time this has happened, I was hoping that they would have worked harder to upgrade their service but obviously it is still extremely bad.

I had a chat online with their customer service 2 Fridays ago & asked them a super simple question, that is, for exactly the same product specification EXCEPT for the colour, why is the weight of the product different? Promised an answer by the following Monday BUT what did you expect, nothing from them.

For both the issues above, I have just send and resend my query today. Let's see if there is any useful feedback....hmmm....

Just a passing observation: given the prior and current experiences reported here, why would anyone deal with this operator? It is not as if there is a shortage of online vendors. Even if 5 people posted today that they had a great experience, that is still an unacceptably low percentage of 'positives' (anything less than 95% would be unacceptable to me). I know nothing about them, other than the experiences I read here. But, based on those, I can't imagine a scenario in which I would order from this vendor. Am I missing an important element of this?

The reason I used them (many years ago) was two fold, 1: their prices were almost half that of my LDS at the time and 2: they were the only online off shore store that I knew of that would sell Apeks, Suunto and ScubaPro out of the EU. Fortunately times have changed a little and it is now easier to find online stores with reasonable prices and/or willing to ship off shore. You guys in the US are very lucky. Having said all that I would never use them again, all my orders eventually worked out ok but not without significant errors, their customer service, in my experience, is woeful it was almost like they were doing their best to piss me off. It worked. From reading recent posts it doesn't look like much has changed. I've also noticed their prices are nowhere near as good as they used to be. If your order goes through without issue, great, but if there is a problem and you're not local, look out.

If you guys are finished with that wall, I think I know someone who might be interested.

Back
Top Bottom