Scubastore.com - Don't use them!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissDoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I ordered a Scubapro MK17 1st stage about 2 weeks ago from scubastore.com. it was in stock, I paid, got my confirmation email and then waited and waited for delivery but nothing. No dispatch email, no sign... Two days ago I received an email saying that my order has been cancelled and they look forward to my next order soon!!! No explanation, no reason, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!! I have since sent them 2 emails asking what's going on and have heard nothing back!!!!!! Any advice or help? Are they the crappiest store I could have ordered from (it certainly seems like it...)

There is no telephone number, only an email address. They are based in Spain as it turns out, which I hadn't realised when I ordered or I wouldn't have ordered from them. I'd much rather order from somewhere in the UK where I am. It often gets a lot more complicated when you order from abroad.

there # is at the bottom of there page....good luck....

Copyright 2009 by Scubastore. All rights reserved. TRADEINN RETAIL SERVICES, S.L. CIF/VAT ES-B-17527524, Carretera Palamós, 181-183 (Celrà Centre), 17460 Celrà (Girona), Spain. Tele: 718-709-5401 Fax: +34 972 49 23 10 - Terms & Conditions - Legal Information

looks like David GayA is who ya wanna find....

Scubastore.com the first network of online store specialized in selling sports equipment.

TRADEINN

Crta. Palamós, 181-183 (Celra Centre)
17460 Celrà (Girona), Spain.
Tel.: 718-709-5401
Fax: +34 972 49 23 10

www.tradeinn.com

Legally responsible for the content of this website: David Martin Gaya

Commercial Register: registre mercantil de Girona - tomo 1123 / folio 108 / hoja GI20086 - Inscripción 1ª

VAT identification number: ESB17527524

in there terms and conditions section...

5.1. We do our best to ensure availability of all advertised products and endeavor to dispatch all parts within the quoted time. If there is a delay we will inform you of this via email and the product will be dispatched as soon as it is available. If you have ordered multiple items they may arrive separately.

5.2. We have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered. We will do our best to get all orders sent out as quickly as possible. You have the right to cancel delayed orders at any time, just contact us with your order number.

5.3. Occasionally we find ourselves having to withdraw an item because it has become obsolete or has been discontinued. If you have placed an order for an item that has been made obsolete we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you an alternative if available.

I ordered a Scubapro MK17 1st stage about 2 weeks ago from scubastore.com. it was in stock, I paid, got my confirmation email and then waited and waited for delivery but nothing. No dispatch email, no sign... Two days ago I received an email saying that my order has been cancelled and they look forward to my next order soon!!! No explanation, no reason, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!! I have since sent them 2 emails asking what's going on and have heard nothing back!!!!!! Any advice or help? Are they the crappiest store I could have ordered from (it certainly seems like it...)

.... I'd much rather order from somewhere in the UK where I am....

You are in the UK and you are surprised at a retailer that provides poor service!!!!

I have had some good experiences with scubastore some time ago but complaints about their service on this board are not uncommon.

Thanks for the heads up. I do base my purchases on CS.

I've used them plenty of times had one issue where they took my order charged my credit card but then decided they would not send my order until I sent them a copy of my visa statement. Turns out that as I was requesting that he item be sent to a uk address but my card etc was a NZ address they decided could be fraud. Spoke with them explained the reason I was using a UK address was that they will not ship Suunto to NZ and that it says on their website that this is an acceptable practice. They have me on their records I told them all of my previous orders etc, a history only I would know but hey still refused to dispatch my order until they had a copy of my cc statement. I wasn't impressed but eventually they shipped my order after my faxing them a copy of statement. Other than that hiccup I've never experienced any other problems.

Hi,
We have a load of problems just because of ONE single order. We have ordered 2 wetsuits, and got the parcel. They didn't fit so we had to send the parcel back. On the website we had not seen that this shop was based in Spain (sub-website, no indication) so we had the wonderful surprise to discover we had to pay 53 CHF = 48 EUR just to send the parcel back. After 2 weeks, the parcel hasn't arrived at their place (they say), and we got another invoice (for tolls) and have to pay extra 40 CHF = 35 EUR!!!! So until now we have paid 190 CHF = 170 EUR for the wetsuits + 48 EUR for the parcel shipping + 35 EUR invoice... === 253 EUR for NOTHING!!!!!!!
NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems I posted too soon, since then I have had issues with every order I've tried to make and attempting to solve the issues was in every case a very frustrating experience, a real case of "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing". I too will not use them again. Good prices but service in my experience has been very hit and miss, more miss than hit. YMMV.

I hope you eventually get it sorted and I think you will. I don't think they are crooks, just disorganized.

I use them (as I'm based in Spain) and have had no issues - even with faulty goods / returns.

Admittedly it does sound as if I'm in the minority thou.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom