Scubaspa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great to hear that someone else is going. We are trying to get our deposit sent over today to confirm our booking. In general the boat does look amazing and has a bit more luxury than we're used to on dive boats haha. I'm sure it will be a good experience. Please do post a write up about your experience!

I shall - we've done liveaboards on the Great Barrier Reef and she does look a fair bit posher than those have been! If I do not faint and die at the prices I might even day spa in the Indian Ocean - because why not!

I shall - we've done liveaboards on the Great Barrier Reef and she does look a fair bit posher than those have been! If I do not faint and die at the prices I might even day spa in the Indian Ocean - because why not!

Ditto, we were on Spirit of Freedom on the Great Barrier Reef in 2010, and just got back from MV Pawara in Thailand a month ago. From the looks of it, Scubaspa should be worth the additional cost. As other have mentioned, it's more expensive to stay at a resort in the Maldives and dive than it is to go on these liveaboards, so might as well. We've stayed at the Conrad Maldives on Rangali island(s) before, and it was amazing, but the equivalent cost for diving alone there is around $2-2.5k as what you get on Scubaspa, even if you use hotel points to stay there. So 2.5x's the cost seems worth it for a liveaboard that gets you in the best dive spots and still get some beach time from what we've seen. Some day I'm sure we'll return to the Maldives and spend some time on an island where we relax more, but we're in a dive mode for now where that is our priority.

Ditto, we were on Spirit of Freedom on the Great Barrier Reef in 2010, and just got back from MV Pawara in Thailand a month ago. From the looks of it, Scubaspa should be worth the additional cost. As other have mentioned, it's more expensive to stay at a resort in the Maldives and dive than it is to go on these liveaboards, so might as well. We've stayed at the Conrad Maldives on Rangali island(s) before, and it was amazing, but the equivalent cost for diving alone there is around $2-2.5k as what you get on Scubaspa, even if you use hotel points to stay there. So 2.5x's the cost seems worth it for a liveaboard that gets you in the best dive spots and still get some beach time from what we've seen. Some day I'm sure we'll return to the Maldives and spend some time on an island where we relax more, but we're in a dive mode for now where that is our priority.

I agree - resort diving prices are pretty astronomical - I clearly do not have the financial backing others posses. We will do a resort for a week after ScubaSpa but I don't think we can justify more than a couple of dives given the costs. If we don't get matas on ScubaSpa I will have to cough up for the Manta Trip at the resort though.

I think we will be doing Thailand next year and hopefully either Spirit of Freedom or Spoilsport (or Ningaloo Reef) also... so it sound like we have similar interests!

For now though - five days until the Great Barrier Reef and less than four months until the Maldives!

Liveaboards are the only way to go for the serious diver. The food is good, the interest is all divers, and you get to spend hours/day under water doing what you came to do and enjoy. Nitrox is nice too, when you can get it.
5 star, all inclusive vacation spots, are strickly that. Casual shore or short boat trip diving is lame.

We just got back from a trip with ScubaSpa and we were very impressed.

We uploaded a video of our diving here

(might have to copy that into your URL)

We would definitely go back diving again with ScubaSpa

We also just got back from ScubaSpa.

Met some nasty Kiwis... Their video is better than ours!

I had a honeymoon trip in Maldives few months ago. Stayed 3days in resort and travel by scubaspa ying for 8 days.
Scubaspa is a good choice for u to have a honeymoon trip, both for relax and diving. They r not just arrange diving and spa activities. snorkeling, island visit, bbq, yoga...
It is difficult for u to take all, but can chosse whatever u want only.

I booked through liveaboard.com, so i can pay by credit card in advance. U can pay everything on the vessel by cash or credit card(few % charge).

Staff are nice. Vessel is big enough to serve just around 20 guest.
U can have a good memory with scubaspa, i and my wife enjoyed very much at least. I made some video of last trip. U can see their vessel roughly by my drone and some other activities footage.
Maldives Liveaboard trip Video 2017

Hope i can help u. Enjoy your honeymoon.

Back
Top Bottom