Scubaspa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

Does anyone here have any experience diving with Scubaspa (Ying or Yang) liveaboard?

Scubaspa. SCUBA and SPA

My wife and I are about to book a week long trip with them for our honeymoon (and first trip ever to the Maldives). She wanted a more upscale liveaboard experience for our honeymoon and this boat seems to provide that and then some! Spa and massage rooms on top of the boat...looks amazing!

We have seen one review thread on a forum on TripAdvisor and not much else. Haven't been able to find anyone who has been with them on Scubaboard...which is my usual go-to resource.

Has anyone been with them or heard of experiences with Scubaspa? Also they only accept payments via bank transfer at this time (no credit cards yet)...is this a comment thing in the Maldives?

Thanks!

Hey, please let me know how it goes. I have booked with them in January and as you mentioned just the tripadvisor reviews are there.

When are you going?

There was a nice advertisement for them a couple months ago at the Airport in Male, and a couple people were near us in line saying it was fantastic and they were planning on returning for another trip with them in a few months. That's a pretty good sign, IMO.

There was a nice advertisement for them a couple months ago at the Airport in Male, and a couple people were near us in line saying it was fantastic and they were planning on returning for another trip with them in a few months. That's a pretty good sign, IMO.

That sounds good! thanks for the info...

Hi there ScubaERDoc,

We've personally been to the Maldives on these liveaboards and we recommend both boats. They are awesome! We also might be able to help you with your payment issue. You can read about both boats on diviac.travel and book through the website. We don’t charge any booking fees.

Scubaspa Ying - https://diviac.travel/liveaboard/north-male-atoll/scubaspa-ying/

Scubaspa Yang - https://diviac.travel/liveaboard/north-male-atoll/scubaspa-yang/

Even if you don’t book through us, we’d love it if you and simplythebest could leave a review of the boats after your trips. That way future guests can learn from your experiences as well. Thanks in advance and happy diving!

My wife and I are interested in Scubaspa for Oct this year. Would love to hear some more experiences of people that have been on Ying or Yang. We were aiming for Blue Force One, but it filled up and we are stuck going to the Maldives over a specific week due to our schedules.

My wife and I are interested in Scubaspa for Oct this year. Would love to hear some more experiences of people that have been on Ying or Yang. We were aiming for Blue Force One, but it filled up and we are stuck going to the Maldives over a specific week due to our schedules.

I'll be on ScubaSpa in June and will do my best to respond here. I've only recently joined the forum, if it is acceptable to do a separate post with a review I shall do so. I know when I was researching we have had really no luck finding much information so it is a bit of a gamble... I do hope it pays off!

Hi all,

Well firstly I have not stayed on the Scubaspa boat but we did stay on Vakarufalhi island in January this year and on a few occasions were at the same dive spot.

What I can say is the boat itself is very impressive I was having some serious scuba jealousy when we turned up at Manta Point and the Scubaspa was there. From the outside looking in, it looks awesome.

What I can tell you is the Ari Atoll has some world class dive sites which will forever live in my memory. Hopefully one day in the future we will return but I have a few other places I need to tick off beforehand.

Hope you guys have a great experience I certainly did.

Oh thanks Mockney - I am glad you thought it looked good. I was a bit concerned the pretty images were all clever marketing!

I'm a bit nervous about the diving as my dives to date have been pretty sheltered with only minor currents - but they reassure me that we shall be looked after well...

I'll be on ScubaSpa in June and will do my best to respond here. I've only recently joined the forum, if it is acceptable to do a separate post with a review I shall do so. I know when I was researching we have had really no luck finding much information so it is a bit of a gamble... I do hope it pays off!

Great to hear that someone else is going. We are trying to get our deposit sent over today to confirm our booking. In general the boat does look amazing and has a bit more luxury than we're used to on dive boats haha. I'm sure it will be a good experience. Please do post a write up about your experience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom