Scubapro Warranty Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RNELSON989

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been diving off and on for 4 years always renting my gear. Finally I've decided to purchase my own gear and have been looking at regs weighing all the different pros and cons. My local dive shop is a scubapro dealer and I asked her about the warranty on the scubapro regs. The owner stated to me that the only way to get the scubapro warranty was to buy three items regs, bc, and dive computer. she stated that that was the scubapro policy but I'm just shopping for regs and am not looking for a bc or computer.

Is this information correct or am I being deceived? I was under the impression that scubapro warrantied their regulators as stand alone products.

Thanks for any clarification on this

From what I understand their warranty isn't nearly as good as it used to be. As I understand it you still can get a "lifetime" warranty but as you said you have to purchase the 3 items together and, according to my LDS, you have to have your stuff serviced each year before the purchase date. If you go a day over they'll cancel it on you. I'm told they were bought by another company now run by bean counters or something. This could all be completely wrong but it's the information I was given.

That's crazy but glad to hear that from someone else. I was hoping my LDS wasn't blowing smoke in this. That makes atomic's warranty look even better than it already did, to me!

Unfortunately there is confusion between WARRANTY and a marketing program called Parts for Life.
SCUBPARO has not changed their Warranty program for all purchases of our regulators and AIR2's.
All SCUBAPRO regulators are warrantied against manufacturer failure with full replacement and always have been.
If one purchases a SCUBAPRO or SUBGEA BC and Computer within a year of the SCUBAPRO regulator purchase, they will receive free parts for life on the service and repair of their regulator.

Interesting. My LDS told me that it had to be serviced every year, not every two years, to keep the parts for life program.

That policy changed a couple of years ago. It is now every 2 years for service.

Interesting. My LDS told me that it had to be serviced every year, not every two years, to keep the parts for life program.

My LDS told me the same thing. My wife's MK25 (7 years old) has been booted off the program. Nice to see that ScubaPro is standing behind their "top of the line gear".

That policy changed a couple of years ago. It is now every 2 years for service.

That's what I've recently learned as well regarding the Scubapro parts for life program. I've been having our regulators and BCs serviced every year. It's my understanding that after this years servicing the next service date will be two years out (i.e., June 2016).

It's two years now, as stated a few times.

I do mine every year, though, as they usually get 250-300 dives a year. Fortunately, I have taken the SP service training seminars (all 3) and my LDS lets me use their bench & tools so it only costs me some time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom