Scubapro Warranty and Overseas Dealers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe they charge the european stores less for their products?

If that's true, we're back to discrimination against the US customer base.

The product costs more to the US dealers because of the parts for life program which is offered by ScubaPro USA, but not by any other division of ScubaPro (that I know of). So in the US you pay for the reg, and for parts for life program.

It is not price discrimination as they are selling the products differently; although it would be nice if they offered the regs with and without the parts for life program.

If you do not want the parts for life, then buy the reg from another importer (or overseas). The regulators itself will still be covered for recall updates, etc. and can be serviced by US dealers.

Keith

The product costs more to the US dealers because of the parts for life program which is offered by ScubaPro USA, but not by any other division of ScubaPro (that I know of). So in the US you pay for the reg, and for parts for life program.

It is not price discrimination as they are selling the products differently; although it would be nice if they offered the regs with and without the parts for life program.

If you do not want the parts for life, then buy the reg from another importer (or overseas). The regulators itself will still be covered for recall updates, etc. and can be serviced by US dealers.

Keith

If that's true, it's discrimination that we're forced to buy their product with the parts for life warranty while the EU buys it with the lifetime warranty (but no free parts).

You might want to look at DiveInn's website sometime though, they show similar MSRP to US prices except with a 25% to 40% discount.

Hi, folks.

It seems that I've had a visit from our good friend Murphy. I was gathering my stuff to start packing for my trip to Jamaica next week and it looks like the non-user-replaceable battery in my dive computer is dead. It's out of warranty (not the original purchaser) and I was sort of looking for an excuse to upgrade to a Galileo Sol anyway so I started poking around for pricing. After a bit of searching, I found a super price at ScubaStore.com. They're an authorized dealer for Scubapro but they're based in Spain which really made me wonder how Scubapro's warranty works in that situation. I decided to email Scubapro about it:

And here's their response:

It was nice to get some official clarification on this and I thought that others might be interested in their response. But now I've got another question - How would Scubapro know whether I had my shiny new computer shipped to the US or bought it from ScubaStore in person in Spain? :confused:

Rob.

The real issue here is why anyone in their right mind would buy a $1500 computer that cant handle trimix or CCR? Save yourself some money and get a product with some resale value and one that carries excellent customer service no matter where you get it from...

Shearwater is the solution. Its cheaper, upgradeable, does multiple mixes including trimix, has good resale potential, does CCR, has a reputation as being quality, and the company stands behind it even if you got it from mars.

If that's true, it's discrimination that we're forced to buy their product with the parts for life warranty while the EU buys it with the lifetime warranty (but no free parts).

You might want to look at DiveInn's website sometime though, they show similar MSRP to US prices except with a 25% to 40% discount.

From their site the advertise the warrenty, but not the parts for life program; their comparison to the US MSRPs is deceptive if they do not include this program as the products are not exactly the same (although it sounds like some prefer it this way).

Too bad they do not have the MK19, if they had one (DIN) I would buy it as ScubaPro USA is not importing them :(

IF ScubaPro USA thinks it is better for business to bundle the parts for life, that is their choice; if they start to see competition pick up sales because of lower costs without the program (Atomic) they may change their mind.

I don't mind paying for parts for life as I use it, but I also service my own regs so have no labor charges.

Keith

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom