scubapro vs. aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both of your options carry a much inflated price tag because of the names. There are many more excellent regulators and purchasing options out there to choose from if $$$ is a concern.

WOW thanks for all the info guys.

I think I am going to try both of them and see what feels better when in use. I think like everyone said I will be good with either one and that makes me feel much better.

As of right now I am leaning towards the Scubapro because my LDS sells them. I don't want a set up that I have to send out to be serviced and I want to be able to talk to them in person when I pick it up.

I do like the idea of the Aqualung being able to go into colder water but in reality am I going to be going into colder water right now.

I want something that will last and be very reliable and it sounds like both fit that.

Do not go by the feeling as the way one or the other breathes depend largely on how they are tuned. Get the brand that can be easily fixed and serviced locally. Both brends have "super cold water compatible regs". For Scubapro a good cold water option will be G250V/MK17

if you LDS is Scubapro then that's what I would opt for.

other choices would be MK17-S600 or MK17-A700 and you will be good for all diving conditions.

I am just starting into diving. One thing that has swayed my decision to Aqua Lung Legend LX Supreme is the parts for life program. Unlike Scubapro which requires you to purchase regs, bc and computer to qualify. Aqua Lung is you buy the reg and you are covered for parts granted you keep up with schedule.

Go with the Scubapro, it is the best!

In your opinion. You only say that because you're a Scubapro dealer!:D

In your opinion. You only say that because you're a Scubapro dealer!:D
Paladin, there is a reason that we are a Scubapro Platinum Dealer.

About 20 years ago, I looked at bringing in U.S. divers ( aqualung ). They had just come out with their Pro line. Then most of their Pro line had problems ( recalls ).

We do carry their kids wetsuit. It fits lean kids great!

Beaver Divers is Subapro Platinum Dealer, because Scubapro is the best. I don't claim that Scubapro is the best just because we are a dealer.

If we felt that Aqualung was the best, then we would carry the full line.

Paladin, there is a reason that we are a Scubapro Platinum Dealer.

About 20 years ago, I looked at bringing in U.S. divers ( aqualung ). They had just come out with their Pro line. Then most of their Pro line had problems ( recalls ).

We do carry their kids wetsuit. It fits lean kids great!

Beaver Divers is Subapro Platinum Dealer, because Scubapro is the best. I don't claim that Scubapro is the best just because we are a dealer.

If we felt that Aqualung was the best, then we would carry the full line.

So what is it that makes you believe Scubapro is the best??

BTW, almost all of my regulators are Scubapro. Yet I do not find them to be clearly better, overall, than quite a number of high performance regulators from a wide variety of manufacturers. I believe that for most divers, the "best" regulator is one that can be locally supported by a reasonably good LDS. So, in your area, Scubpro may well be the best.

And, when it comes to other scuba gear, Scubapro is often just another manufacturer in the pack.

Maybe you should re-look your line in light of recalls in the last 10 years since it was so important to your choice 20 years ago.

Results for 'scubapro'

Results for 'aqualung'

So what is it that makes you believe Scubapro is the best??

I believe that for most divers, the "best" regulator is one that can be locally supported by a reasonably good LDS. So, in your area, Scubpro may well be the best.
Yes, you are correct. We only service Scubapro in our repair shop. Anything else we send out.

IMO, Scubapro has the best quality control, customer service and innovative products.

As far as recalls, yes, it seems all manufacturers have them.

I can tell you first hand that Scubapro has done an excellent job dealing with theirs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom