Scubapro Uwatec Galileo Sol transmitter errors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, if I understand H2Olover and NiclasG correctly, I've got to have the transmitter pointed at my head. In other words, a straight line drawn from the center of the HP port through the center of the top of the transmitter cover should intersect the back of my head (and out through my nose :wink:), right?

[]#> O}

[] First stage #> Transmitter O} Head :D

I have an Aqualung Mikron. I'm not sure there is any way to orient the first stage so that the transmitter points that way.

Hi Alwaysbroke

I think you got it right. You can orient coils

II good
I- better
-- best

The transmitter is like a tube and the coil is on top of the battery pointing in the same direction as the transmitter.
The coil in the computer is oriented along the long side. When you lift you your hands before you straight forward the coils align.

computer head transmitter
-0-

Niclas

Hi, Any progress on the Galileo transmitter? I bought a Galileo Sol recently and the integrated air transmission is next to useless. No matter how close the computer is to the transmitter it reads --- ,sometimes I get a pressure reading but maybe a few times in a dive. I was putting my hand behhind in an effort to pick up a signal but now have just given up and gone back to SPG.
I don't use the heart rate monitor.
Scubapro have not been helpful.
Rgds
Neil

I'm surprised Scubapro has not been helpful. I bought a used Sol and had trouble with the air transmission. I started an email exchange with Scubapro customer service and they had me send the Sol to tech support. Tech looked it over and ended up replacing the computer....free! I didn't even have the warranty.

It seems a number of people have experienced problems with signal reception in the wrist units.

Well Since I had this SOL Computer it has been a problems - Scubapro always got stories, but no answers , I PERSONALLY believe its the biggest piece of rubbish I have ever bought, I own 3 other Uwatec computers with air integration (for example Aladin Air X) and have never had this problem of losing tank pressure. Also Infra Red Port seem to be very particular to type Infra red Sensor it connects to – that I believe can be the computer.
When I went to Red Sea for 10 day dive safari, I used an additional mechanical pressure and depth gauge as my life is worth more than assurances I received from Scubapro, I can guarantee you that nobody else on that boat would buy a Sol, as the general comment was that it was an expensive toy. .
Even without the HRM, I still get transmission errors. In South Africa, they refuse to change anything as it worked OK in a 3metre pool, the trust l have is the Sol is NIL.
I still believe in their regulators, the Mark 20 and G600 in my eyes is about the best regulator combination there is for technical diving (I have 6 set of Scubapro Regs, Computers and BCs).
I been using only Scubapro since 1996 and am now only looking alternative brands.
In my eye the Suunto D9 is much better computers than the SOL, using it for last 2 months and have never had transmission error. The complain I have about the Suunto is that the characters are small, but then again it's a watch.

Too bad you have had such a bad experience. Mine is just the opposite. The IR interface works great, as it did on my Smart-Tec. I have a $12 USD dongle: no issues, except the Sol needs to be positioned very close to the dongle. Mac's are a bit dicier because of Apple proprietary interfaces.

I have transmitters on my primary and pony, and, once again, no issues. The only problem I have encountered to date is that data on about 50 dives were erased when I upgraded firmware. The dives were still in the Sol, so I just had to reenter location, buddies, etc.

It is unfortunate you have had bad experiences. For underwater photographers it is a fantastic tool. If you read posts on this forum, there are also very few negative reviews, which is one of the reasons I purchased a unit. Of the Sol users I have dived with (Florida, Hawaii, Galapagos, Guadalupe, Pacific Northwest) all really like the unit.

Maybe Vandermerve worked on your unit at your local dive shop?

Hope you can work things out or find a computer that works satisfactorily for you.

Cheers,

Dan

A good friend of mines has probally about 40 dives on his and raves about it.

I had a prototype Galileo Sol for nearly a year before getting my current production unit, and through all that time, I never had an incident of losing signal from either the transmitter or the heart-rate monitor. I don't use the heart-rate monitor all the time these days, but the transmitter is the same one I had supplied with the prototype and all is still going strong.

On the other hand, I had far more incidents of lost signals from my D9, and you have the hassle of twinning them up before every dive. I love just being able to turn on my Sol, jump in and bang, it finds the transmitter and brings up my gas. I still have a dinky SPG on my first-stage as well, but that is more to do with the fact I have had transmitter batteries go down on me, so I'd sooner have a compact back-up in case of situations like this.

Mark

My SOL is in the mail... I just ordered one online for only $1,168.00 brandnew with transmitter shipped to my door for free...

MG

My SOL is in the mail... I just ordered one online for only $1,168.00 brandnew with transmitter shipped to my door for free...

MG

Gheez! Tell me where you got it for such a price!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom