Scubapro Uwatec Galileo Sol transmitter errors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check your warranty, ScubaPro does not authorize their US dealers to sell "on-line", you may not have a valid US Warranty

Well Since I had this SOL Computer it has been a problems - Scubapro always got stories, but no answers , I PERSONALLY believe its the biggest piece of rubbish I have ever bought, I own 3 other Uwatec computers with air integration (for example Aladin Air X) and have never had this problem of

The Galelio works beautifully. I've never lost the signal, except when I stop breathing on the cylinder (during a deco stop). If you stop using a tank, the transmitter shuts down after a little while, and the computer says "no signal".

If it's doing this at other times, it needs service. You'll need to send it (everything) back. They'll either fix or replace it and you'll be all set. Uwatec has excellent service policies, does great work and I've never been disappointed with anything that they've worked on.

Terry

After reading this thread, mine is going back as soon as I´m back in Canada. I´m in Cozumel right now using it for the first time. Heart rate monitor works just fine. It´s the INCESSANT messages and beeping (which I don´t always hear right away due to my hood) about "no signal" and "signal lost" during dives. In the course of about 90 minutes, I can expect to lose the signal 20 to 30 times! And eventually the remaining bottom time stops working which sort of defeats the purpose of the d%%m thing. Other than that, it´s a thing of beauty...:hmmm:

I have close to 200 dives with my Sol and no problems, but I still use a back-up air-integrated computer on every dive. I also don't use the heart rate monitor.

I love how easy it is to switch 02 and Nitrox percentages on the Sol -- THAT is a dream feature for me, as my other computer practically requires an Engineering degree to know which button combination to push to switch to Nitrox.

Aloha,
Dee

Some Galileo's have problems with continuous reception of the transmitter. First thing is to try it with a different transmitter to see if that might be causing the issue. Borrow a friend's, or have the diveshop trade you one.

If that doesn't help, then consider this... the instructions about how to initiate a dive are pretty specific but rarely followed by users. First, the computer has to be on and then you have to crack the tank (but there must have been at least 3 minutes between the last time pressure was passed through the sensor). Last, make sure that the display doesn't go off before you enter the water, or the computer may have trouble re-establishing the connection. You may want to set the display auto off at 3 or 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds to avoid problems.

What I have found works best is this. I move my gear from the empty tank to the full tank, but don't crack the cylinder. After Donning my gear, and being ready to enter the water, I crack the tank with my wrist at my shoulder near the transmitter. Then within 3 minutes (while the unit is still displaying info) I enter the water. If this doesn't work, then you may have a defective unit.

Do these trials and see what happens. If not, then you can send the unit back to SP/Uwatec. While they advertise that the warranty requires purchase at an authorized dealer, in most cases they will address all customer issues with their products.

I dive with manual gauges on every tank anyway because hoseless integration computers are not yet reliable enough. The value to me is monitoring breathing speed and having it for computerized review to compare SAC and RMV values on dives. But on the dive itself, I stil use my gauges.

Good luck with the tests.

Boy, that sounds like an unnecessary process. I put on my gear and hit the water: have not had any issues. The unit only has to be paired once, so I am not sure what the wrist at shoulder height accomplishes. If the transmitter is properly placed there should be no problems, and after descending to about three feet depth and other underwater readings should kick in.

I use transmitters on my primary tank and pony, and as noted above, have had no issues with the Galileo. I also have an analog gauge for redundancy.

Dan

Mine went back to the shop minutes after my plane landed. Am waiting to hear back from them. However, I've booked another dive trip later this month so shop owner has promised to loan me his personal Vytec if it's not back.

I wear an Scubapro Uwatec Galileo and have the Sea and Sea 110 Alpha strobe and it appears to be interfering with my UWtech transmission. I get a periodic "loss of pressure signal". Anyone else having problems with their strobes interferring with this unit?

This occurs when I am NOT shooting photos but rather when I am diving and holding the camera setup in my hands. Yes I have repositioned the camera and strobe in various positions. Dives without the camera set up is not giving me any problems.

Last edited:
I can also confirm that I have problems when my strobe is on... Also fresh water seems to be an issue. 0 problems in the ocean but in the lakes here it's pretty often that I loose link.

Phillip...what is happening, what do you actualluy see/not see on the screen.
The SOL and LUNA refreshes the screen every few minuites and it goes almost blank then comes back again. Is this what you are seeing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom