Scubapro Uwatec Galileo Luna vs Mares Icon HD

Luna or Icon HD?

• Mares Icon HD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuigiD68918

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Scubapro Uwatec Galileo Luna vs Mares Icon HD

Looked into a lot of other models but narrowed it down to these two. Can't decide. Any input or experience very much appreciated!

I like computers with non-colored screens. I am this way because I no not like the rechargable batteries (even if user replacable), because they do not last for extended periods of time. You will probably need to charge your computer a couple times during your trip, and if you forget your charger then your computer might not make it the hole time. I have the Luna, and have over 50 hrs of BT, and the battery indicator has not moved. I dove with somebody using the Cobalt (color screen computer), and was half battery after 7 dives.

If technical support has any weight in your decision, I'd forget Mares.....

I was leaning toward the Luna, but I read a few reviews saying it looses connection with the transmitter a little too frequently during a dive... Not sure if that is a common problem or not.. And this computer will be just for easy recreation dives.. nothing tek.. I had a Cobalt but sold it because I want to go wireless.

My luna does loose signal quite a bit, and I have ready numerous reports of identical problems. I have a backup spg and computer for redundancy, so it does not bother me that much. Usually the signal regains connection in 10-15 seconds, but can get annoying if that alert sound is one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom