Scubapro twin jet max vs twin jet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kruer

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of posts that indicated someone might be able to compare the Twin Jet Max and the Twin Jet but haven't seen the thread. Can anyone give me some information about the performance of both?

I have a pair of twin jets and I no longer seem to get cramps but I am concerned about their performance in a current. It just doesn't feel like there is much power to move forward in a current.

I can upgrade to the twin jet max but at a premium. Looking for opinions on the comparison of the two.

Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks.

Willie

one would think that in the last four years someone would have experience with both of these fins...

With the twin jets you are doing the small more natural kicks with the knees bent like a flutter. Because the twin jet max is a stiffer fin you are back to the bigger scissor kicks. You can get more power from the twin jet max but unless you are a very big person in a very strong current it will be hard to overkick the twin jets. I saw a 300lb man tow his wife upstream in a mild current once.

Back
Top Bottom