Scubapro Sidemount harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've looked at it but I'm looking for something with more lift than the SMS 50 has.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

I've looked at it but I'm looking for something with more lift than the SMS 50 has.

hard to compare 23lbs lift to 45 of the scuba pro. i suppose if you are using big heavy steel tanks or multiple stage bottles you might need more than the sms50 can handle.
believe it or not, i think the xdeep stealth has like 35lbs lift

Ive been looking at the stealth, probably what ill end up getting. I dive cold water with steels and a dry suit. Hard to find a good system for us cold water divers, most are too bulky (contour, sms100) or not enough lift. Was hoping the scubapro might fill the niche of a dedicated cold water sidemount rig.

Ive been looking at the stealth, probably what ill end up getting. I dive cold water with steels and a dry suit. Hard to find a good system for us cold water divers, most are too bulky (contour, sms100) or not enough lift. Was hoping the scubapro might fill the niche of a dedicated cold water sidemount rig.

that new hollis sms75 might be good one to check out. can't seem to find them for sale yet though. but it is on the hollis web site. couldn't see any hip "D" rings on it though in the pics. but it must have them i would think. and it also looks like the waist webbing attaches to the wing itself.not sure i like that. unless i am mistaken in what i am seeing.

SMS75

that new hollis sms75 might be good one to check out. can't seem to find them for sale yet though. but it is on the hollis web site. couldn't see any hip "D" rings on it though in the pics. but it must have them i would think. and it also looks like the waist webbing attaches to the wing itself.not sure i like that. unless i am mistaken in what i am seeing.

SMS75

If you want to see one "in person" (or if you want to try one out) contact me.

If you want to see one "in person" (or if you want to try one out) contact me.

Steve, how much lift does the 75 actually have? The Hollis website says 35, but I'd heard people saying it was 45... I'm looking forward to trying one out and seeing how it compares in size to the SMS100 when they finally start shipping...

Steve, how much lift does the 75 actually have? The Hollis website says 35, but I'd heard people saying it was 45... I'm looking forward to trying one out and seeing how it compares in size to the SMS100 when they finally start shipping...

I have not tested it, but enough to float a set of steel primary cylinders with cave fills, two filled aluminum stages and a bunch of reels without even coming close to being overloaded. Next time I get a chance, I will do some trials in a pool with ballast... see where it gets a bit dodgy.

hey doppler.....i had a couple of concerns posted above. i don't see hip Drings on the 75. is there one on each hip ?? it also looks like the waist webbing attaches directly to the wing. is that the case ?? if it does, it seems like a bad idea. the 50 seems to connect to the wing as well but the webbing continues behind the back pad. so it is only attached to wing to keep the sides down, not as the main support point. can you clarify ?? i am leaning towards to 50 as it looks more like what i want overall. am concerned whether the lift is enough however for side mount doubles. just fyi.....i have been trying to get some other details from Hollis through their web site (as well as regulator info) but they have not answered one of my inquiries so far. thx for any info you can offer

Just got the SP harness and 45lb wing. Will be diving it this weekend... first impressions are that it's very light compared to the sms 100 that I was using before. Really not sure what they were thinking packaging it with a standard length bc hose though. I'll post my thoughts on it after a few dives sometime this weekend or early next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom