ScubaPro Seawing Nova durability/warranty replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get told that my black ones are easily recognizable in the water and thats how people tell its me. I love mine I can't imagine how I would break one but scubapro stands behind them 100% and will replace them if anything were to happen, which is nice to know.

I have a little less than 20 dives on mine and they still look brand new.

The white vs black is a hard call. White might be a little more feminine but they will also make you stand out. You could almost flip a coin because they are really cool fins either way,

Hi,
I almost have 100 dives on mine. And have had no problems. Best fins I have ever had.

I love these fins, sad my white ones broke but were replaced by SP. My black ones are still fine.

Best feature is the bungie strap, Force Fin started using these straps years ago and they're easy to use.

I like the blue !

I have 30-40 dives on mine and they are the original black design with the cuts on the top part of the flex arm and I have no signs of them splitting "yet". I worry about them breaking on me at the most inopportune time as most do, but if they did fail me I would have SP replace them and I would give the redesigned version a shot as I absolutely love these fins. I would definitely get them in blue though as they look killer in that color.

Best,

Tejas

I read enough reports of breakage to have it be a concern for me when I considered buying a pair to try. The fact that SP changed the design, coupled with all the reports of how great SP was about replacing the fins that broke just made me more sure there was a problem. I read reports of fins breaking after a dozen dives and after a 100 dives, for boat divers, shore divers and so on. It appears to be unpredictable. A search in this forum for seawing should turn up a bunch of information. I have a feeling that SP plays down the number of fins that failed. It may have been an average of 1 in 10 or 1 in 100, I don't know. All of my diving occurs on dive trips and I was unwilling to buy a pair of fins that had what appeared to me to be a design flaw resulting significant risk of failure. When they break at that hinge it isn't like you can slap on some duct tape or something. The first style are no longer sold though, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

With that in mind, I have not heard any reports of breakage with the new design and if you are buying new fins that is what you will (or at least should) get. I have not quite convinced myself to give them a go yet, but it appears there is no significant risk with the new fins. In more direct answer to the OPs question, you can go to this website

SCUBAPRO - Find a Scubapro Dealer

and type in Kralendijk and choose a 50-mile radius to get a list of Scubapro dealers on Bonaire and you can email or phone them with your question. Although not listed there, I thought Bruce Bowker at the Carib Inn was also a dealer. I think that the Caribbean region is part of Scubapro Americas or something so it may be within the warranty or they may simply replace these without concern due to the known issue.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom