Scubapro Seahawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheBigOnion

Reaction score
Hello all,
why is it that I cannot find the Scubapro Seahawk for sale online?

I can find the Knighthawk over at leisurepro.com

Also, why does it seem that Leisurepro is always so far below retail? Can I trust them?

LeisurePro are able to sell products for less than your local dive shop for a couple of basic reasons:
1) They access the 'grey' market which in practice means they buy stuff in bulk from places the manufacturers sell it relatively cheaply (e.g. SEAsia) and ship it to places where the market will tolerate higher prices (e.g. Nth America); and
2) They accept lower margins on the goods they sell as they have higher volumes. Pretty basic business economics, same reason Walmart is cheaper than your corner store. Reasonable to assume they also have a certain amount of supply chain power, meaning they can extract better deals from the manufacturers when they do deal with them legitimately.

I have bought a number of items from them including a BCD, wetsuit, camera and numerous accessory items and I can say my experience to date has been excellent. Stuff normally arrives within 2-3 business days (even with the free shipping option) and has always been in perfect condition. That doesn't mean I don't buy anything from my local store, just that more and more I'm finding it easier, quicker and cheaper to deal with LP.

There is a certain moral argument that says we should support our local dive stores as they are the lifeblood of our industry etc. etc. Much as there is a certain moral argument people should only buy locally made cars, eat locally grown food, reject Amazon in favour of local book stores etc. Each to his own I suppose.

I believe SCUBA Pro warranties are not valid with online sales also.

I just purchased the SeaHawk and love it!

I don't understand. I can find other Scubapro BCD's online, just not this one. What does their policy about warranties have to do with just this one BCD?

I think the reason you can't find the Seahawk on LP is because it's a relatively new product and they probably haven't got their hands on a bulk shipment yet. For example if you go onto the Scubapro website and change regions to say Asia-Pac or Australia you'll find they aren't even advertising the Seahawk.

I guess your right, but I don't see it anywhere else either. Not even a search on google.

Been looking all over the place for 20 min. No steak for us.
Scary places I didn't want to go but learnt some stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom