ScubaPro Sea Wing fins changing backstrap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have searched but all I seem to find are threads for the sale of these fins. What I need is a little help with an adjustment. I have a set of medium fins that fin great the problem is the OEM backstrap. It's to tight. After a half hour or more I can start to feel it. What I need is a set of springs or maybe a set of large backstraps??? Anyone else run into this problem? I love these fins because of the amount of energy return you get.

Those straps are supposed to be adjustable, if you are already at max length, I would suggest replacing them with springstraps.

xsscuba-spring-straps.jpg

I have searched but all I seem to find are threads for the sale of these fins. What I need is a little help with an adjustment. I have a set of medium fins that fin great the problem is the OEM backstrap. It's to tight. After a half hour or more I can start to feel it. What I need is a set of springs or maybe a set of large backstraps??? Anyone else run into this problem? I love these fins because of the amount of energy return you get.

Are they the Novas? If so, I had the same problem with my Gorillas in small got the medium straps and this solved the problem for me. If you are talking about the Novas, just use a small flat head screw driver and push in the lug at the end of the top buckle and lift up, you need to remove the top buckle cover before you can remove the strap. Scubastore sell the straps in small medium and large.

Now if of course you are not talking about Novas ignore my irrelevant post. But if you are and my post isn't clear post again and Ill give it another shot.

PS: you wouldn't happen to be "The" Nutty Professor, i.e he who did all the awesome Massive Attack remixes? long shot but thought Id ask.

No not that Nutty P. I'm on a lot of moto-forums as such. Thanks for the info. I figured a switch to the next size straps would be the solution but I wanted a second opinion and yes they're Nova's.

No not that Nutty P. I'm on a lot of moto-forums as such. Thanks for the info. I figured a switch to the next size straps would be the solution but I wanted a second opinion and yes they're Nova's.

Sweet, then my original post stands. The difference between the straps is only 1cm but it made enough of a difference for me going from small to medium. You do need to apply a fair amount of pressure on the lug pushing it in the direction of the rubber finger loop. Good luck.

Oh you can also just buy the bungee it's a lot cheaper than buying a complete set of straps, like a couple of dollars, and fits fairly easily. Scubastore.com also sell just the bungee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom