Scubapro Scotia 6.5mm Semi-Dry - Neck Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasonb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there...

I've had this suit for about a year and I've been very happy with it. However, I've always had a bit of leaking down the back of my neck. Afer asking around, and seeing other divers, I fold the long neck seal back in on itself, so that it foms a kind of an ' n ' shape, with one side of the ' n ' against my neck. This works pretty well, but like I said I still get some water down my back, even with my hood over the outside of the ' n '.

Any ideas how this neck seal is meant to be worn?

Also, I'm thinking of maybe getting an undergarment to keep my torso a little warmer ( water temps here in Ireland are 8-16C from April - September ). I know I need to get a short sleeve top, cos I don't want it interferring with my wrist seals on my suit, and I need to make sure I don't interfere with the neck seal either. Anyone know of any undergarments that will work with the Scotia Semi-Dry? And please note, it's last year's model, not the new one. Thanks!

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom