ScubaPro "S-Wing" poppet seats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This seat works fine in APEKS and many other manufactures 2nd stages. Top hat LP seats are a routine service item not rocket science.

Yes works great, but quite probably you might have wondered why you are not able to empty your reg completely with the purge button, especially the XTX 2nds ........:wink:

So your contention is that the orifice size of the top hat LP seat determines if you can fully purge the 2nd stage or not?

Apeks seat left......Aftermarket seat right......So the minuscule difference in size causes this?

I service a whole lot of regulators each year including Apeks, Zeagle, Scubapro etc and never have I incurred this problem nor has a customer ever reported this being a problem.

lp seat.jpg

This is slightly off subject but I found a few LP seats in a lot of Scubapro parts I bought a a few years ago but they don't fit any Scubapro poppet I am aware of. They are slightly shorter and the stem and seat are slightly larger in diameter than the standard SP seat. Would appreciate help with identification so I can get them to someone that can use them. Scubapro seat is on the right side for comparison in photos.

IMG_1185.JPGIMG_1183.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom