Scubapro Repair kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiver07866

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nice.. I read a bunch on this board and on the net about scubapro kits.... seems like only black market you can get them..

Scubapro has pretty much locked you down to get HP seats and misc scubapro parts from your Local LDS only.

Anyone know where I can buy the poppets, HP seats (have a ton of oxygen O-rings)....?

Diverite sells them right on their online store... Makes me think I should have puchased Diverite...

Scubapro.. you need a special handshake, a wink... or an Ebay sale to get them...

Don't get into Can or cannot DIR repair on this thread... Don't bash me for fixing my own regs...just want info on where I can get parts... if you don't have such info don't hijack the thread.

It seems like Scubapro is trying to protect the local LDS.. and have somekind of legal problem with selling in the states... I gotcha... But owning 6 SP 1st stages and 5 2nd stages.. Its time to DIY....

Thanks,
Rich

Hey Rich:

Try This.

Good luck and be safe.

With kindest regards,
Thomas

Thanks for the fast answers! Much appreciated...

Looks like the Link to the shop overseas is the one I'm going to order from.

The I'm Know the folks down at 1800 dive seekers (TSC Scuba). I called and they said they won't sell the parts to the public.

Besides that I chartered a trip with them last year for a tech trip. At first they called an increased the price by $70 bucks 5 days before.. I did not mind..but I asked them is the boat running They said yes.

$180 dollars worth of assorted deco and back gas later... they called and cancelled the trip for no reason. It was a beautiful day w/ flat seas.. and even the crew was upset because they too spent the cash on the mix.

Turns out through word or mouth (take with a grain of salt) that the guys that were in a mix class was going to do a checkout dive.. and could not hack the class. So instead of letting us know... they tried to get more $$ out of us to make up the difference... Then when a few other divers were asked to pony up more $$ for the trip they told them to go scratch so they canceled the boat at the last minute.

So I and an END of 35 feet on my next 4 dives blowing of my mix ahahah!

Just sharing a story... This was my experience with them, but what I hear they are a top notch place.. I just won't book any more trips with them... And I guess I won't be buying parts from them either lol!!

Dive safe

If you call a shop on the phone they'll never agree to sell you parts. See if you can forge some sort of relationship with them and convince them you're A)knowledgeable enough to repair your own regs (although they really have no way of determining that other than you telling them) and B), more importantly, willing to keep the whole thing quiet.

So, if they don't know it was you that called, you might at least stop by, speak with either the owner or the reg tech, remind them about the charter you were booked on, etc, you never know, they might sell you some kits. My LDS was doing that for me for a while at absurd prices, until they botched a hydro on a few of my tanks, I had the nerve to complain about it, and magically it became a store policy not to sell SP parts.

Thank you all for the info. I appreciate the help.

I looked again on dive seekers site.. they do have listed SP 10-550-041 the MK10 kit for sale... so why not others? Thanks for sharing your experiences...

Dive safe as always,
Rich

Thank you all for the info. I appreciate the help.

I looked again on dive seekers site.. they do have listed SP 10-550-041 the MK10 kit for sale... so why not others? Thanks for sharing your experiences...

Dive safe as always,
Rich

When I first marked their site, they had a much larger selection. I guess they have decided not to continue selling parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom