ScubaPro Regulator ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is false. Any MK5 yoke retainer will work. The problem is that the cheapest way you will find a late MK5 yoke is to buy a later model MK5, one that already has a turret with more than 2 LP ports. The later ones also have 2 HP ports that are sized for modern HP hoses. With that old 2-LP port model you would have a single 3/8" HP port that needs either an adapter or a custom HP hose.

But, there's no reason to give up on the old MK5. If you can find a suitable yoke you could use it as a pony reg, or better yet, find the elusive MK5 DIN retainer and you have a first class deco reg.

I meant younger siblings as the not mk5 generation. I.e. the mK2/10/20/25 etc will all interchange, but I don't think the mk5 will.

Sorry to resurrect this thread again, but I have one more question. In the photo below of the MK5 there is a stamp on the yoke of 3000. Am I correct to say that this is rated for 3000psi or is the "lite" yoke mentioned in a previous post?
Thanks in advance.

Yoke.JPG

I would not have any issues diving that MK5 with my 3442 psi tank. However, it has what I refer to as the second generation of SP yokes. Even the MK5 had another generation of yokes following the one in your picture that is beefed up a little more and has a larger diameter yoke screw. While the now lame SP regulator museum is not very accurate, you can page through it to see a variety of yoke iterations used on different models of SP first stages.

Getting back to whether it is safe or not, a yoke that is over stressed will stretch and develop a leak at the yoke to tank valve interface rather than fly to pieces and massage your skull.

Having said that, if you are concerned the yoke will come apart and put a crater in the back of your head, I have a few heavy yokes for sale if you're interested. :)

Last edited:
Hello Couv,

Would you happen to have a turret with 4 or 5 ports as well?

Thanks,

DD

Yes, I do. PM me with an email address where I can send pictures and we can work something out.

I have a SCUBAPro from the 80's and was trying to determine the model. Have to take it apart to tell?

Guess I need to learn how to do that then. :)

I have a SCUBAPro from the 80's and was trying to determine the model. Have to take it apart to tell?

Before you take it apart, you should post some pictures. We can identify the model of most Scubapro regulators from looking at the outside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom