Scubapro Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I got my ScubaPro regs serviced for the first time a couple months ago, the parts cards were not even needed. Heck I don't even know if the shop checked on the serial numbers. The shop simply wanted to see the origional reciept, or a copy of it. After they were serviced, they gave me a reciept from this service. If I go to the same place for service next year, I do not need this reciept. But if I take it somewhere else, I need to provide the reciepts from previous years service.

So what I gather from this experience is that if the regs are serviced at the same place every year, they keep a record for you. But if you get the regs serviced at different places it is completly up to you to provide records for the service.

I'll take the last one if it's still available.

"You are absolutly CORRECT. It makes no difference if the card is blank or not.

The reg is registered with SP at time of sale to the owner. Warranties are not transferable and service records must be maintained to continue a warranty, even for the original owner. Miss a year and its done."

Wrong. The regs were not registered. Please know what you talk about before you talk.
Thanks.

"Someone had said that the serial number on the regs will indicate when they were manufactured and Scuba Pro could then trace back to original store shipped to. From there they could find out the date they were sold to a customer."

Please tell me how? I'd love to hear this. And who is someone?

Thanks,
Lance

Hey Lance,
I do know what I'm talking about, I worked for a ScubaPro dealer.

"They" being ScubaPro, does register each regulator to a specific dealer when it's sent out.

As an original owner, all you do is present your equipment, "They" the dealer, to get the FREE parts from SP, number one, check to see if you are the original owner and if the item has been serviced each year by you providing the reciepts. Otherwise the parts are charged to the dealers account and most dealers are not into giving away parts.

Since last Oct. 2010, This "Warranty Program" has become a big deal to ScubaPro and they are no longer just throwing parts out to dealers anymore.

The selling dealer, is required to file the warranties with SP, not the customer, if they "the dealer" don't, they are still listed as the receiving dealer.

If THEY, the original dealer, wants to give you parts that's fine, take them to another servicing dealer and you will be charged for the parts if you are not on record with SP.

Don't believe me, CALL SCUBAPRO !

Your prices are still great deals, Cards or not !

Bob

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some of this applies:

# Messages should be clean and professional and no more than two per week. Avoid using large font sizes or more than three colors. Limit any embedded images to 300x300 pixels or smaller, files larger than this should be attached to your post.
# Offers must be clearly explained with all conditions and restrictions outlined upfront. Any attempt to commit fraud, deceive or otherwise harm the members of ScubaBoard will result in suspension and further reporting action if deemed necessary by ScubaBoard.
# There is absolutely no “bumping” of threads. This includes making any reply to a thread whose purpose is deemed to be solely to force the thread to rise to the top of the thread list page in order to gain additional exposure to a thread.

# The Market Place forum is not a place to criticize, comment on or in other way speak to the reliability or history of another user’s advertisement. Messages commenting on the quality or value of a deal negatively are expressly forbidden as are messages that “flame”, “troll” or otherwise negatively attack a company for their business practices.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you can hit the M-quote button and accomplish the same thing right? I guess you really wanted to get your point across with the large colorful text.

hey Bob - the tone of your response was completely inappropriate however correct (you think) you may be. Warrantee card or not, $350 for these regulators is a very good price.

Lance - I'm sure your reg will make someone very happy, and kudos for taking the high road in not getting baited by Bob's comment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom