Scubapro Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They would use up to three shims to alter the IP. If that still does not work, then it means that the main spring is weak and need to be replaced. With the MK25, you don't even need shims anymore.

So, this new feature has no benefits for the user, only the service technician.

Well, one of the things I'm trying to do is become a service technician, but it seems like it would be easier to become the mayor of my city than find someone that will provide training or sponser me at a regulator clinic. Have you dived at Blue Stone much electriczombie? Also, is there any way to upgrade the mk20 to mk25?

You can't go wrong with the high end Scuba Pro regs. They would 2nd or 3rd choice behind my Atomic and an Apex. The MK25 G250 combo is a very good choice.

Scott

jamiei - No, I've never dove at Blue Stone. When I was up there for training it was around 35 outside.

You can upgrade the Mk20 to a Mk25. You would have to order an upgrade kit from ScubaPro. Very easy to install. This will not result in any increase in performance but will make the reg easier to service. I can't remember how much they cost but, I think it was around $50 - $70.

hey, EZ
what would you suggest i do if i can't get into the sp clinic? where can i get the service kits and information i need about servicing my reg such as what the intermediate pressures and what not should be? Does that reg service books everyone speaks off provide manufacturer specific info?

Can anyone recommend the MK16 with a s600? Does anyone here use that combo? Thanks

Service kits can be purchased off Ebay or there are a couple of websites that sell kits. I can't remember the URL so, do a search for it.

Occasionally you can find ScubaPro schematics for sale on Ebay.

I have not read the book you are talking about but, I find it hard to beleive that everything you really need to know is in there. Keep trying to get into the clinic. If not, find a tech that doesn't mind showing you some stuff.

Concept11 - The Mk16/S600 should be fine. They sell a Mk16/550 combo. The 550 is almost exactly like a S600. All the SP regs breath great, you just need to decide if you want a piston or diaphram reg.

Back
Top Bottom