Scubapro Primary and Secondary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I am looking into a reg and am looking at the ScubaPro 10 for 1st stage and ScubaPro G250 with sherwood gauges...the price can't be beat for this offer...

does anyone have any thoughts on these regulators? Are they good entry level regs?

--Lord1234

lord1234:
So I am looking into a reg and am looking at the ScubaPro 10 for 1st stage and ScubaPro G250 with sherwood gauges...the price can't be beat for this offer...

does anyone have any thoughts on these regulators? Are they good entry level regs?

--Lord1234

For an older type setup the Scubapro G250/MK10 would be hard to beat on performance, even to this day. I have been using a G250/Mk20 for over 10 years and recently acquired a G250/MK10 with Sherwood gauges as a backup. The performance level between the two regulators is almost identical and as long as you keep up the maintenance you should be very happy with it.

I posted this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=94788 a couple weeks ago so you can use it as a price reference for your future purchase. Oddly enough I just purchased this exact setup off of eBay! Hope this helps.

It would make a great entry level, intermediate or advanced reg. A Mk 10 G250 will breathe as well as anything produced today and will offer excellent performance.

Parts are readily available and SP has a history of providing parts and service support for nearly every reg it ever made over the last 40 years.

You can also upgrade a Mk 10 to a Mk 10 Plus which adds a little more flow rate.

Back
Top Bottom