Scubapro o-ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

I was servicing my wife's S600 and noticed one o-ring that I don't think I have and don't know the std equivalent size. It is the o-ring that seals the balance chamber to the balance chamber piston, part # 01-050-360. It is not leaking so I did not remove it (why risk the damage). It looks like it might be metric, 1.5mm thick and probably about 4 to 5mm ID. Anybody have a good size on that one? If not, I'll have to remove it to get a good measurement.

That damn plastic gadget may take a bunch of o-rings (I counted 13 in the schematic) but it sure does breath great.

You may want to try looking in GMC Scuba's Online Catalog, specifically page 22. Also the o-ring you identified is not identified as an annual service replacement. If the o-ring doesn't have any obvious defects, it shouldn't have to be replaced. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I know it is not in the kit but I have a couple going on 10 years old now and figure it might be time to get ready to replace them. I'll just take one off next time I disassemble and measure it. I could tell it did not look like a 2- so I probably don't have it in my stock.

As of recently the new kits contain all the orings and then some, are you talking about the 2 orings on the poppet? If so they are to be changed annualy.

As of recently the new kits contain all the orings and then some, are you talking about the 2 orings on the poppet? If so they are to be changed annualy.

Has ScubaPro finally joined the real world and started including all the Orings in their annual kits?

Has ScubaPro finally joined the real world and started including all the Orings in their annual kits?

Not according to the inventory list on the latest parts kits. It is still basically dynamic o-rings and maybe a couple that they are either experiencing failures or perhaps they have overstocked. After all, the useful service life of most o-rings is a lot more than one year.

Heck, I don't even change the poppet o-rings annually. I'd change them if they leaked but I have never had any problems. I do change them when I replace the LP seat which is every 3 to 45 years or so. Even then, I only remove the lower (scraper) o-ring, slip the upper (sealing) o-ring down, and replace just the upper o-ring. At about $1.25 each MSRP, I see no sense in just wasting them.

That GMC Scuba reference is quite useful. DiveRightinScuba.com is a Global Manufacturing dealer and they have a link on their website where it says they handle special orders of GMC items.

Richard

I can't find part # 01-050-360. on S600 schematic.

I have all measured info on SP reg. though....

I can't find part # 01-050-360. on S600 schematic.

I have all measured info on SP reg. though....

It is part # 35 on both a 12/99 S-600 and an 03/01 S-600T schematic. It seals between the balance chamber (11600009) and the balance chamber piston (11600010). I got a couple from a Scubapro dealer and they look like they are metric 1mm wide and 6mm ID (8mm OD).

I'm not sure the current S-600 is still using that balance chamber/seat saver design. Mine are the older version (configuration B in the repair manual I believe). It looks to me like configuration A is the newer design and it looks like a different balance chamber design. I don't have the schematic that goes with the new configuration.

Sorry... The schematic that I have is 2002 & 2004 versions.

The o-ring that you are talking about is an annual replacement part? It doesn't sound like that though.

All measurement that SP is using is metric.... However you can mostly find a compatible part in imperial size chart except one or two O-ring sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom