Scubapro naming convention?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The S-Wing poppet with the two o-rings came on the market in 1999. It was supposed to reduce the friction in the balance chamber by deepen one of the grooves. The second o-ring should trap the silicone between the o-rings, preventing the o-rings to dry out with use........
There are S-wing poppets with just one or with two O-rings.
See here:
ba-poppets-s-jpg.84447.jpg

The second one is matched with a new model of the balance chamber (I think it was released with the G250V) and requires the new lever with curly feet.
Here you see the two different balance chambers, and again the newer S-poppet with double O-ring, which should be used with the longer, finned balance chamber (the left one):
251727-023cd6b11a253a4f0b98d35d9258f220-jpg.465341.jpg

Most of my 109 use the single-O-ring S-poppet and have the traditional short balance chamber. Only one of them (I have a total of six 109, one 129 and one 156) has the double O-ring, the finned balance chamber and the curly-feet lever. Another one is still using the previous three-parts poppet with the stainless-steel rivet, albeit I plan to upgrade it quite soon, as it is now service time for it!

See here:
View attachment 618046
The second one is matched with a new model of the balance chamber (I think it was released with the G250V) and requires the new lever with curly feet.
Here you see the two different balance chambers, and again the newer S-poppet with double O-ring, which should be used with the longer, finned balance chamber (the left one):
View attachment 618047
Most of my 109 use the single-O-ring S-poppet and have the traditional short balance chamber. Only one of them (I have a total of six 109, one 129 and one 156) has the double O-ring, the finned balance chamber and the curly-feet lever. Another one is still using the previous three-parts poppet with the stainless-steel rivet, albeit I plan to upgrade it quite soon, as it is now service time for it!
See here:
View attachment 618046
View attachment 618047
so “simpler” is using parts that are no longer available?

so “simpler” is using parts that are no longer available?
They were the current ones when I mounted them (many years ago)...
And now I just need to replace the seat and possibly the O-ring, when servicing every two years. Seat and O-ring are readily available.
On the last one, which still has the 3-parts poppet (metal stem, plastic poppet and metal rivet) I plan to install everything new, with the latest S-wing poppet, the new finned balance chamber and the curly feet lever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom