Scubapro MK5 DIN - maybe? help ID!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg Torok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I bought a bunch of used gear, these were in the the bin of parts, but they look a bit different from what I can find online. Any ID help would be appreciated! (hope the image shows up!)

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 286
On the top is (Probably) a MK5 with a different manufactures yoke screw or (possibly) a MK5 clone.
On the bottom is a MK5 DIN

The back of the top regulator is curved (I didn't get a picture)- where the scubapro all seem to be flat - so you probably have the clone part correct!

Thanks for the quick reply!

The top MK5 clone is most likely a Tekna, the round yoke screw is a clue.

As part of collecting second stages, I have purchased a couple of complete Tekna sets with the same first stage as shown in your photo.

A bit of digging confirms the clone is a Tekna.

VintageDoubleHose has a PDF with blow up diagram and trouble shooting guide for the 2100 series, which includes the first stage.

The Mk5 in DIN 'version' is very rare.

I think I read that, somewhere here. Not sure what I will do with it, as it's not in the best condition (the knurled knob has seen channel lock pliers) - it also only fits 2 of the 6 tanks I purchased with the gear (5 steel and a LP14).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom