Scubapro MK5 and R109 value.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sotorn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got a new set of regs and no longer need these. Looking to sell them for a reasonable offer.

They work great as I just dove them last Sunday at Fantasy Lake and dove them multiple times earlier this year. They were last serviced in late 2008.

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

Last edited:
I would probably say 100$ you can find Used R109 Second stages on ebay for 25-60$ and the first stage is probably designed for LP 2400 PSI. Those you can find on ebay for 25-60 as well. I recently bought a Conself XIV Supreme 1st and 2nd stage + Pressure/Depth Gauge for 87$. It is in excellent condition and is from the same era as the R109s.

The first stage is actually stamped 3000 PSI. Thanks for the info. I'll try posting them for $90 to see if anyone wants them. I don't need them anymore and don't really need them cluttering up the house as I have enough other stuff doing that.

Your pictures are kinda too big.....oh well I have a small 15" screen. Those regulators are dangerous so please let me help you to get rid of them...:rofl3:

When they were serviced, did they upgrade them (2nd stages) to balanced adjustable?
That's worth mentioning when you list them for sale.A R109 that's been upgraded to balanced adjustable is actually a R156.
A nice bulletproof reg that breathes nearly as well as the newer high end regs.
Sorry I brought all this up...kinda makes you want to keep them, doesn't it?

How many LP ports does the first stage have?
If it has 4 LP ports, it's easier to sell.

Any reputable tech who knows what they're doing can upgrade these...In fact, it's probably easier for them to get the parts.
If your first stage only has 2 LP ports, you have a few options.
You can use an Air 2 type setup that attaches to your BCD inflator and acts as your BCD inflator and your octo or you can get a splitter that attaches to one of the LP ports.

Either way, you got some cool @ss regs.

Sold.

BTW, the first stage has 4LP and 2HP ports.

Back
Top Bottom