Scubapro Mk25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teejaycee5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I have just purchased my first set of regs (Scuabapro Mk23/S600) and I am trying to set them up. Does it matter which way up the 1st stage goes (plastic cap to top or 5th LP port to top)? I have the A clamp connection.
Regards,
TC

Not at all. It can be used in any position. Choose the orientation and ports that give you the best hose routing.

Randy

Put the turret down for a lower profile. Look at a 7' primary hose routed in the DIR fashion for the cleanest profile.

You have 5 low pressure and 2 high pressure ports to use as you like. Standard for a single tank setup is to not use the bottom LP and with using two Mk25's on doubles to use the bottom. However quite a few here use the bottom for a regulator or octo on single tank setups.

As you own the part and can play with it as you like do so. As long as the hoses are correctly and properly attached to the LP they work just fine.

I use a single Mk25 and single tank and am quite happy with a normal setup, my LP hoses are attached to the sides and the bottom plugged. I have a transmitter for pressure to the HP port, regulator on the right, one drysuit inflator on the left and a BCD/Air2 also on the left. The drysuit inflator how routes under my left arm the other two route over my shoulders.

supposedly the bottom LP port has about 25% greater flow than the side ports. I have hooked 2nd stages to both and never been able to tell the difference. with my second connected to the side port, i have been able to suck down as much air as i could, without there being a problem.

That said i often hook my octo to the bottom port -- the hose stays a bit closer to my body that way.

supposedly the bottom LP port has about 25% greater flow than the side ports.

It does not in scuba use, regardless of what you might have heard. If you were to connect the regulator to a high flow constant HP source with all the LP port plugs removed, and put sensitive flowmeters on each port, you probably could get more air coming out of the end port because it's in the line of flow up through the piston shaft.

But that's with the 1st stage attached to a much higher flow source than a scuba tank valve. In scuba use, the 2nd stage and tank valves are both lower flow than any of the ports. So even though the end port might have a higher capacity for flow, you would never actually get more air out of it while the reg is hooked up to a tank and a 2nd stage.

To make the "higher flow at the end port" argument even more ridiculous, the MK25 has a total flow rate of 300SCFM, or the equivalent of emptying an AL80 in about 17 seconds. Since an AL80 could not empty itself in anywhere near that short a time, it's rather silly to be looking for a "high flow" port in the reg anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom