Scubapro mk17evo or Apeks MTX-R

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks FSR is the bees knees, it'll work down to your 40 degrees without complaint, I'm guessing it's a fair bit cheaper than the MTX-R as well.
FSR has the option to install a 5th LP port as well if you feel the need for it.

Apeks FSR is the bees knees, it'll work down to your 40 degrees without complaint, I'm guessing it's a fair bit cheaper than the MTX-R as well.
FSR has the option to install a 5th LP port as well if you feel the need for it.
You think it’s that good? It will be paired with a Kirby Morgan balanced second stage. The big doubt at this point is between MK17evo and FSR

FSR comes with ARCAP.
FAQs
Can't go wrong with FSR but its stable mates (FST, DST and DS4) are equally good.

I currently dive a twinset of Mk17’s, paired with g260 second stages. My dive partner uses all apeks stages and there is not a noticeable difference.

Fsr or dst would better chose. Both work under ice without free flowing and are used here by most of divers. Both are easy to breathe and can be used in tec setups if you decide to go that way some time. Just get xtx50 as octo, not 40 so that you get flow adjusting. If you really want best tested regulator underside then get poseidon xtreme black - but that's is bit overshoot imo.

Fsr or dst would better chose. Both work under ice without free flowing and are used here by most of divers. Both are easy to breathe and can be used in tec setups if you decide to go that way some time. Just get xtx50 as octo, not 40 so that you get flow adjusting. If you really want best tested regulator underside then get poseidon xtreme black - but that's is bit overshoot imo.
What’s your thought on the xl4 Octo?

What’s your thought on the xl4 Octo?
Haven't used it. Looks good, but no knob, so pass from me. Knob is really essential to prevent free flowing when diving in cold.
Could be that it's good regulator, but xtx series is just proven series that you can service yourself to.

Oh yeah, buy din versions.

Deep6 signature. What's your definition of cold? Mines been to 44° so far and has been flawless.

Deep6. What's your definition of cold? Mines been to 44° so far and has been flawless.
Lowest I foresee is low 40s.
I currently have a dive rite XT1 set but was kind of thinking of switching (upgrade?) to mk17 or Apeks FSR at this point

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom