Scubapro Mk17 vs Mk17 Evo Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaphidoux

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I notice that Scubapro are marketing a MK17 Evo Nitrox that can be used with up to 100%O2. I assume that these regulators will have a dedicated Scubapro service kit.

https://www.scubapro.com/en-GB/FRA/regulators/products/mk17-evos560-nitrox.aspx

So I have two questions on this please:
1. Is the MK17 and MK17 Evo the same service kit?
2. Is the MK17 Evo Nitrox service kit compatible with existing MK17 regulators to make them compatible with O2 greater than 40%?

I have tried contacting Scubapro Australia directly a couple of times and can't get a definitive answer.

Thanks!

The evo is all they make now, you can't get a new mk17 anymore. The evo is made with thicker metal and has a more compact body design than the original mk17.

Yes, the service kit is compatible.

Thanks for the reply! So does that mean the existing mk17's can accept the 100% O2 device kit?

Hello all,

I notice that Scubapro are marketing a MK17 Evo Nitrox that can be used with up to 100%O2. I assume that these regulators will have a dedicated Scubapro service kit.

https://www.scubapro.com/en-GB/FRA/regulators/products/mk17-evos560-nitrox.aspx

So I have two questions on this please:
1. Is the MK17 and MK17 Evo the same service kit?
2. Is the MK17 Evo Nitrox service kit compatible with existing MK17 regulators to make them compatible with O2 greater than 40%?

I have tried contacting Scubapro Australia directly a couple of times and can't get a definitive answer.

Thanks!
Doesn't look like that configuration is available in Australia, seems like you're limited to the MK2/R195 only

Doesn't look like that configuration is available in Australia, seems like you're limited to the MK2/R195 only

Scubapro Australia seem to be well behind the times - change the region on their website and as an example you'll see Australia is the only region that does not have the new Evertec LT Drysuit (that was released years ago).

Fortunately the online world is small and easy to get what you want from elsewhere ... which is a real shame for local dive shops trying to make a living in a world of informed consumers with access to anything world wide.

Idk that any market has it all man, don't feel bad, case in point, here in the USA we don't have any of the O2 regs

Idk that any market has it all man, don't feel bad, case in point, here in the USA we don't have any of the O2 regs
Most people in the US don't have the M26x2 valve outlets that those ScubaPro Nitrox regulators require. The reason it is common to see "Nitrox" regulators in EU countries is because the European Commission adopted EN 144-3:2003 "Outlet Connections For Diving Gases Nitrox And Oxygen" which has a different valve outlet size than standard DIN. Major manufacturers started making "Nitrox" regulators to fit those M26x2 valves and they market them in the EU countries where this standard applies.

Apeks still sells a XTX40/DS4 DIN "Oxygen" regulator with standard DIN in the US. I believe DiveRite and Hollis also sell regulators with green hoses and covers.

Scubapro Australia seem to be well behind the times - change the region on their website and as an example you'll see Australia is the only region that does not have the new Evertec LT Drysuit (that was released years ago).

Fortunately the online world is small and easy to get what you want from elsewhere ... which is a real shame for local dive shops trying to make a living in a world of informed consumers with access to anything world wide.

Try buying one of the Evertec drysuits from any company online or shop outside of Australia and you cant, they wont post outside of their region. For example I tried to buy off Divestock.com but they don't ship to Australia I even tried contacting a diveshop directly in the US and they said Scubapro told them they can only ship goods to customers in their region.

I'm going to look at other manufacturers. 4th Element have a good reputation.

Last edited:
Try buying one of the Evertec drysuits from any company online or shop outside of Australia and you cant, they wont post outside of their region. For example I tried to buy off Divestock.com but they don't ship to Australia I even tried contacting a diveshop directly in the US and they said Scubapro told them they can only ship goods to customers in their region.

I'm going to looks at other manufacturers. 4th Element have a good reputation.

If you rally want to buy items from the US that don't ship internationally, you can use Shop Mate that is a virtual US address - ShopMate The new 4th element drysuit with 3D fit is amazing!

Having said that, I'm moving away from Scubapro because, in my opinion, they are no longer price competitive for the quality you get (e.g. The Hydros Pro BCD for $1200 ... you can get much better value for money). More than anything the service from them is atrocious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom