ScubaPro MK11, R395 and R295 service manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anybody tell what is the purpose of the thin teflon-like shim between the cap and the membrane holder in R295? I kind of ruined one on a regulator bought from ebay. The whole regulator had a nasty mold odor that wouldn't go away, so I finally resorted to immersing the parts in boiling-hot water with dish soap and sodium bicarbonate. While the rest of the parts behaved, the thin white shim warped instantly.
Is it just a friction-reduction thingy that one can live without, can I cut another one from a thin PE sheet? And also, what can I do to get rid of the smell, because now it's basically unusable.

A photo of what you're taking about would be helpful. I'm afraid from your description I do not know what you are talking about.

A photo of what you're taking about would be helpful. I'm afraid from your description I do not know what you are talking about.
That would be the warped white ring.

Attachments

• 20230827_152852.jpg
    20230827_152852.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 38
Then I guess I'll reheat it and persuade it back to straightish. Thank you! Also, may I dare DM you about the service manual and schematics for this thingy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom