Scubapro MK10 no longer supported?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JorinB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just took my MK10 into my local shop to have them convert it to DIN, and was told that Scubapro no longer supports this model and doesn't make service kits any longer and the shop wouldn't be able to service it in the future. I'm wondering if there are service kits out there still available and/or shops that will still service this reg?

yes, plenty of aftermarket kits from any number of sources like NESS/trident/etc. but there are still NOS kits floating around online you can order to stock up for now. you would have to send it to Rob if the local shops won't service it. or look into going the DIY route (you don't need too many tools for the mk10, just the pin spanners, a vise, and the low profile nut and drive extension if your mk10 is yoke). i have the multitool from scuba tools, but its not required. Used to be Jim Steele's would do vintage regs others wouldn't touch, but they closed.

I think you can still get OEM kits for MK5 - MK10 but maybe this is a new news development about parts not available, or maybe it’s a lot of smoke because your LDS doesn't want to deal with it.
Not Supported may also mean they can’t get bodies, springs, turret nuts, and other hard parts, but kits they could get but would rather sell you something new. A lot of techs just don’t want to deal with old stuff.
I can’t say I blame them.

I know for a fact that SP in germany DO support it (at least in the EU), I asked back in march a SP platinum shop here in Germany if they would service it and they said yes.
I did just get some service kits and do it myself -- with a lil help form @rsingler and his course

if your piston is busted beyond restoring/polishing, it will have to turn to an MK10+ then -- or find an ebay one and scaveng it

When you truly fall in love with the Mk10 as I have you can rotate
with all that's left to do for the rest of your life, being diving them

All those ones, you have bought, for less than servicing and parts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom