Scubapro mk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jale

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
A friend of mine has found these SP regs and he is going to pass them to me.
If I can easily say that on the right side there is a column of 4 mk2s and that the one on the lower left is a mk20, I wonder if the top left is a mk10 DIN, the second column 2 mk10 and the third column 2 mk5.
I am right or did I missed something?

20200801_173820.jpg

The top one of second column is a late version of MK5. Column 3 are two early versions of mK5.
The top-left one is indeed an excellent last version of MK10 DIN (or perhaps a MK10+), with its rubber SPEC boot. A super-nice first stage! The best of the lot, in my opinion...

Nice friend you have!

The MK-10/10+ can be determined by seeing if the seat carrier is shiny chrome like the rest of the body, or satin. Satin is a 10+.

The MK-20 could also have been updated to a MK-25. If the seat carrier under the rubber boot has an adjustable hex screw in the keyway it has been upgraded to a MK-25.

The MK-2 are great dependable and simple unbalanced stages.

With the bigger piston, many of us like the MK-5 over the MK-10.

Aftermarket kits can be sourced to keep the MK-5 & MK-10 going.

Hi
A friend of mine has found these SP regs and he is going to pass them to me.
If I can easily say that on the right side there is a column of 4 mk2s and that the one on the lower left is a mk20, I wonder if the top left is a mk10 DIN, the second column 2 mk10 and the third column 2 mk5.
I am right or did I missed something?

View attachment 644188
Wish I had a friend like that, you lucky [insert profanity]. :(

I scribble like a six year old:

Basically the E means early version, m middle of the road, L means late version:

upload_2021-2-25_13-35-58.png

the second colum bottom is an early mk10. but the top one is a five. You can see it by the holes fixed in the bottom section on the early 10 models.

Thanks to all of you for these details :)
Yes I feel like a lucky.... :)

A not so unimportant thing to mention if you're gonna dive the mk5's is to maybe of them and check wether the turret has a brass or more modern stainless still screw holding the turret. I've had brass turret bolts break on me because of age and corossion. I bought the steel replacement ones from Vintagedoublehose.com but I think Scubapro also has them if you can find a Local dive store with turrets screw lying around.

For the mk20 it is also important to check the saddle. There was a recall on them. All models where the update was done have two saddles iirc. The three saddle version are prone to overtorqueing. It is not related to the saddle itself, but the amount of notches in the saddle should be an indicator wether the update has been done.

So basically 2 vents on the saddle = good
3 vents on the saddle = bad
450581-2b819832b7604951885e062c14510227-jpg.616906.png

Credits to Couv for this Image, I might have stolen it from one of his posts.

-Butttt don't let that hold you back from diving these. I dive the mk5's and mk10's in 4-8 degrees water temp to 120 feet and never had any issues. It causes some funny looks sometimes, but they are awesome regs.

A not so unimportant thing to mention if you're gonna dive the mk5's is to maybe of them and check wether the turret has a brass or more modern stainless still screw holding the turret. I've had brass turret bolts break on me because of age and corossion. I bought the steel replacement ones from Vintagedoublehose.com but I think Scubapro also has them if you can find a Local dive store with turrets screw lying around.

For the mk20 it is also important to check the saddle. There was a recall on them. All models where the update was done have two saddles iirc. The three saddle version are prone to overtorqueing. It is not related to the saddle itself, but the amount of notches in the saddle should be an indicator wether the update has been done.

So basically 2 vents on the saddle = good
3 vents on the saddle = bad
View attachment 644204

Credits to Couv for this Image, I might have stolen it from one of his posts.

-Butttt don't let that hold you back from diving these. I dive the mk5's and mk10's in 4-8 degrees water temp to 120 feet and never had any issues. It causes some funny looks sometimes, but they are awesome regs.
Thanks again.
I am well aware about the mk20 vents.
Noted about the turret
And of course they are to be dived :)

Back
Top Bottom