Scubapro Mark 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockinrebel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone other than me still diving with one of these? I was on a charter boat in the Keys a couple of weeks ago and the crew couldn't believe that ol' regulator. (Of course, my reg was older than the boat captain.) :)

I've got one I use occasionally. Works great as a regulator and as a trim weight. But the honking tends to shock folks.

rockinrebel:
Anyone other than me still diving with one of these? I was on a charter boat in the Keys a couple of weeks ago and the crew couldn't believe that ol' regulator. (Of course, my reg was older than the boat captain.) :)
yep sure do!!! i figure that if it ever fails (I know that it never will) i can use it for my zodiacs anchor....... no, really it's been a great reg other than it's as heavy as an alu. 80 lol. ken

I have 3 of them.
Weighed one on a digital fish scale totally naked (the 1st stage, not me,no hoses or LP swivel) at 4.05 lbs.
Great performing reg and preferred in zero vis or when preoccupied with photography/working, though I wouldn't use it for extreme cold. I set one up for my wife who is pretty absent-minded. My LDS refused to service a used one I picked up with a HP leak and just couldn't understand that the internals are identical to the Mk 5 she had serviced for me a few weeks earlier. Was just a bad piston o-ring and corrosion in the chamber.
Found some rebuild kits on eBay and like new now.
Funny when "experienced" divers ask me what it is.

I bought one when they first came out and saw one at the LDS a couple weeks ago. Dove it quite a lot and never had a problem. Used on a couple ice dives as well, but was serviced just for the dive.

YES ,, YES I DO. 66 ounces of breathin honkin giterdone ! Bought it new, and it has NEVER given a single minute's trouble!It spends most of it's time hanging out with my Aqua Master, and still hooked to a pair of the equally excellent adj. 109's But I could call on em today, and they would up to any task.

I ran a 109 as a second. Liked the adjustability. Had a Pilot as a primary. It was as sweet a breather as anything I have now, but was tempermental as hell and was a bear to rebuild and tune. It had lp in on both left and right which could be used together or individually. I think it was the first reg to ship with a silicone diaphragm

I have the original Mk 3 High Performance (080) I started diving with as well as a couple of Mk V Adjustables (109), although they have long since been upgraded to Balanced Adjustable (156) status, and a Mk V Air 1.

I have a Pilot to Air 1 conversion kit (the most common solution to the incredibly complex to service and tune Pilot) that substitues Air 1 guts for the Pilot's servo assisted valve. I am just looking for a suitable Pilot to put it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom