Scubapro Mark 10 service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigredbill

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone here service their own Mark 10? If you do, anything tricky? Any special tools needed? Do you have repair manual? Schematic? Would this be worth just sending out for service?

bigredbill:
Does anyone here service their own Mark 10? If you do, anything tricky? Any special tools needed? Do you have repair manual? Schematic? Would this be worth just sending out for service?

Not difficult at all to DIY. The HP o-ring takes a bit of work and care both in and out but it's not that hard. I have schematics but no manual. I won't be able to get to it until monday, but if you send me an e-mail address that will handle an .pdf attachment I'll send it to you along with my technique for handling the HP o-ring. Only special tools I bought for it were the bullet tool which gets the piston thru the HP o-ring without damage and a good set og picks, both from http://www.scubatools.com/

I made my own IP gauge, yoke nut socket and pin spanner. Kits show up rather regularly on ebay. New kits have three different size HP seats for adjusting IP. With the continued use of washers to adjust IP, you should be able to use at least 2 if not all 3 of the seats.

I don't send any of my regs off for service. I like knowing that the 'tech' who serviced my reg is right there with me on every dive. Plus it's fun.

Back
Top Bottom