Scubapro Mantis 2 vs. Aqualung i450t

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Suunto Zoop will be much more conservative than the i300/c especially on multi-dive and multi-day diving profile.
So it sounds like I just talked myself back to where I started with the i300c. The reality is that I live inland. I will take 2 maybe 3 trips a year. Most of my diving will be local lakes with a max dept of 100ft. Most are no more then 60ft.

So it sounds like I just talked myself back to where I started with the i300c. The reality is that I live inland. I will take 2 maybe 3 trips a year. Most of my diving will be local lakes with a max dept of 100ft. Most are no more then 60ft.

If it were me in your shoes, I'd go with i300c. The "C" version, newer version of the i300, has Bluetooth connectivity so you don't need the USB cable to download your log to your computer. This alone will save you close to $100 for not having to buy the USB cable. The Suunto Zoop will get annoying because of its ultra-conservatism especially in the profile you are describing.

There is also a new Aqua Lung computer, the i100, that has all you need but no Bluetooth and no backlighting (i300C has these two features). It supposed to retail around $190 I think. If you are going to want to download your log, you are better off going with the i300c just for the savings in cable purchase.

If I find any Aqualung computer i like, I would rather buy the Oceanics version.

The Oceanics version are the same but with dual algorithm.

I think the i450 is equal to Oceanics OCi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom