Scubapro K2 Extreme vs Halo 3D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mafi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys, I am upgrading from my No Gravity Sea Lion undergarment and I am looking for someone who could help me decide between K2 Extreme and Halo 3D under my trilam drysuit

I am diving sidemount, usually shallower shore dives, so extended bottom times (70-100min) can be expected.

I dive in Denmark, so no the water is about 4C / 40F, later in the year between 10-15C/ 50-60F. I already using Xerotherm for layering when needed.

I am very interested in learning about the difference in:
- bulkiness
- thermal comfort when wet
- limitation of the conductive cooling (presumably the core feature of this type of undergarment, due to uncompressible panels)

Though the price is not the deciding factor, if those two are the same, I'd definitely go for the cheaper K2.

Thank you for your input!

PS: Halo 3D should have knitting structure that actively removes the water from you, unlike most manufacturers that use some kind of impregnations (?) that presumably does not last over time. Any idea how Scubapro manages this for K2 Extreme?

I had the halo 3D and Didn’t think it was worth the money. I upgraded to a Santi BZ400X and found it much warmer and keeps heat when wet.

I dive in the UK so water temps are similar.

Mafi - a bit late to the string but, wondering if you found your answer(s). My drysuit is on order, class coming up and I am considering different undersuit. Wondering if you have any add’l comments you might share about your original question/concern between the K2 and Halo3D ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom