ScubaPro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How much would one (anyone) look to pay for a pair of XXL ScubaPro Jet Fins that's been used only once in a pool? I tried on a pair of XXL and minus the booties (Henderson Gold Booties) being to big (Yes, 16's were to big for me!!) they seemed to fit quite well. I asked if they were interested in selling them andthey said they were. I noticed online that they are from 96 to 102 (a few sites I looked at). Would 80 (no tax, straight cash) be a good buy for the ScubaPro Jet Fins?

Also, what springs straps might one purchase for these fins? I've looked at a couple and my lds wants 120 for ScubaPros springs. What size too? Anyone have any extra to sell?

Thanks,

Michael

Wayward Son here on SB makes fairly inexpensive spring straps, or you can DIY.

I have the Halcyon straps, which are expensive, but I like them better than any of the others I've seen.

From LP:

Total items in cart 1 Subtotal $64.95
S&H $12.45
Tax $0.00
Total $77.40

So even if it was used in one dive, would it be easier (faster?) to buy this pair locally?

Michael

I buy from LP all the time. Place a phone call and it comes to my house in 3 days. If you want it today, then local would be your best bet and for a $3 dif I would get them local. I would go with what makes sense for you. Being used one time is no big deal for those fins. I think after most of us are long gone, people will be swiming with those fins for many years to come.

If you're buying from a friend or like your LDS go ahead and keep the money local. One time use (of course, we know how that story goes) is insignificant.

On the other hand, if you buy from LP and have any other knick knacks to buy, additional items add little to shipping costs and you can benefit from the combined shipping.

Still yet another option is you can often find these fins on Ebay for under $50.

mwhities:
How much would one (anyone) look to pay for a pair of XXL ScubaPro Jet Fins that's been used only once in a pool? I tried on a pair of XXL and minus the booties (Henderson Gold Booties) being to big (Yes, 16's were to big for me!!) they seemed to fit quite well. I asked if they were interested in selling them andthey said they were. I noticed online that they are from 96 to 102 (a few sites I looked at). Would 80 (no tax, straight cash) be a good buy for the ScubaPro Jet Fins?

IMO $80 is too high for used jetfins. I'd pay $50 max shipped. Maybe $60 since they are basically new in your case. (More if they already have spring straps installed).

If you are patient enough (have a month or two) and post in the classifieds section, monitor ebay, then you may well get them for about $50 shipped (less if you get lucky).

People sometimes buy the XXL jets thinking it's the next size up from XL jets when in fact there's a size missing between the XL and XXL jets for all practical purposes. Hence people use turtle fins as the next size up from XL jets. So there are always a few XXL jets around that some people bought by mistake before realizing just how huge the foot pockets on them are and switching over to turtles.

Also, what springs straps might one purchase for these fins? I've looked at a couple and my lds wants 120 for ScubaPros springs. What size too? Anyone have any extra to sell?

Thanks,

Michael

Spring straps shouldn't cost more than $30-40, plus shipping, but make sure you get the right size...

If you want spring straps and you feel like making a few dives in some Florida springs, head toward Vortex/Morrison/Cypress and go to the LDS at Vortex Spring. They usually have a decent selection of with-loop spring straps (in three or four different attachment styles, including Jet fin pins). Additionally, their spring straps are quite reasonably priced (just under $30, I think). You can also check to see which size fits your feet and fins best.

(Hey, an excuse to go dive some springs and get gear at the same time? Can't beat it.)

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'll check around for the straps and see where I can get the best deal. I'll offer the people here locally 60 for the jets (*edit, I was reading up on turtles, so I typed turtles instead of Jets. :p) and if they don't want it, I guess I'll need to wait for a little while longer to get them from somewhere else.

Thanks again.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom