Scubapro Jet Fin original rubber straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhatsaRuck

Contributor
Reaction score
south Palm Beach county, Florida United States
# of dives
0 - 24
Thread title says it all: I'm looking for the original rubber straps that come with jet fins either the non-lightning or lightning version.

I assume the rubber straps are the same length regardless of the size of the jet fins. If that's not correct then I'm looking for straps that will fit large or extra large jet fins.

I'm not looking for straps for the twin jets.

I can pay via PayPal.

Oh man, I know I have a set from my 2xl JetFins (for my drysuit) which I converted to use the same spring straps I have for my other fins.

I don't know Lightening or non but I'll look through my gear for them. What'cha offering if I dig them out?

You can usually find rubber straps that fit quite well at most any dive shop.

I've got a couple of pairs laying around from both L and XL jets that I changed to springs right away when I got them. If you are interested drop me a line and a pair is yours for the price of the smallest USPS flat rate box and $3 for the trouble that I call PayPal & driving to the post office (=Total $8).

RhatsaRuck:
Are generic straps of comparable quality to Scubapro's?

Yep. They all usually last about 3 - 5 years. I keep a couple of spares in my gear bag. When I use one, I buy a couple more where ever I happen to be.

When you replace one, replace the other.

I have considered doing this and decided it would be massive overkill for my needs. It would be like putting a Porsche transmission in a four cylinder Volvo. :D

but would you get the cool keyring?:eyebrow: Just a suggestion, you'd never have to change your finstraps again...

Spring straps last longer, but they don't last forever. They give no advantage other than lasting longer. They are expensive and switch your Jets/boots from being neutral to being fairly negative. I'll stick with rubber straps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom