Scubapro is changing their tank buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan once bubbled...
what's the French system? Considering where sp comes from that sounds like a likely route....

Jonathan

Wait a sec!

Scubapro is Italian, nothing to do with our French neighbours :nono: :nono:

I tried to get a picture of the French system, couldn't come up with a decent one, if and when I find one I'll post a link.

LonelyDriver02 once bubbled...
Actually, the other day i was working at my brother's scuba shop and a lady came in and she said she hated the scuba pro strap cuz it was hard to adjust and it would come loose while diving. I'm not sure how they are cuz i dont have a scuba pro bc, but this is probably a good thing, i doubt scuba pro would make something worse than they already have.

If she had that problem she had no clue on how to hook up a tank.

Phil

really? Why do I always send my warranty cards to France - confused now. Hey, ho!!

Still we're all one big happy family now - aren't we?!

We just returned from two weeks of diving in Cuba, where we had to continually switch beetween stubby steel and standard aluminimum 80 tanbks, and sometimes change tanks quickly. Our two ladyhawk and my ancient classic all worked flawlessly, with rarely the need to tighten or adjust.

Whatever they do, I sure hope that SP doesn't change that superb fastening system.

As far as I can tell, although SP products come from many different parts of the world, it is a subsidiary of Johnson Outboard motors of the US>

According to Scubapro Tech services, its just an "add on" piece that just makes it easier to adjust than the velcro. Waiting for a sample.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom