Scubapro Inflator Hose Adapter?? Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjmills

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone make an adapter to fit the inflator hose connector for an Scubapro Air2 without having to replace the entire hose? I have 2 regs and one of them is used on a different BC that is not Scubapro. The connector on Scubapro is different as I am sure you guys know. I would rather see if there is an adapter for the quick disconnect rather than switch the hose everytime. Is this possible?

Shop I use most often in Minn has them.
One for SP to common, one for common to SP. $18.95 as I recall last summer.
DAAquamaster can probably set you up also........

The adapter to go from std LP regulator hose to Ari2 is readily available. I've got a few I will be putting on ebay. But I don't think you really want to convert the std LP inflator hose to an Air2 hose as the flow rate capacity of the valve in a std LP inflator may severly limit the performance of the Air2.

I think your asking to convert the large fitting on your hose (that goes to the Air2) to a smaller fitting that will go on a regular BC inflator ... readily available, I have one for mine just in case I go somewhere and have to use my regulator on a BC that does not have an Air2
Going the other way (converting a small fitting to a large one) so you can use a conventional regulator on your Air2 is probably not a good idea as per what awap has said

What I am doing is using an converting the Air2 to use with a different Regulator. Nothing complicated but just so I can use for Aquarium dives. I can't see it will limit the performance that much to be honest as the pressure should still be sufficient to handle this in non technical conditions like this. Does anyone know for sure?

I think there is a fitiing made for that (not sure, and don't know how well it works hooked up that way)

jim T.:
Hi awap,
Could your clarify please? I'm a little confused. Why is there such a big pressure reduction?
Thanks.
Nothing about pressure reduction, he states that because the hose fitting is larger on a Air2 so as not to restrict the airflow required for breathing, if replaced with a smaller adapter fitting , it would affect the flow to the Air2 ...
awap:
the flow rate capacity of the valve in a std LP inflator may severly limit the performance of the Air2.

DB

D_B:
I think your asking to convert the large fitting on your hose (that goes to the Air2) to a smaller fitting that will go on a regular BC inflator ... readily available, I have one for mine just in case I go somewhere and have to use my regulator on a BC that does not have an Air2
Going the other way (converting a small fitting to a large one) so you can use a conventional regulator on your Air2 is probably not a good idea as per what awap has said

I need one of these. Can you supply a link to the adapter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom