Scubapro Gorilla replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saagax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I need some advice because one of my Scubapro Gorilla clips broke last weekend and if it is hard to get a replacement strap I can't imagine a clip, so in case I don't find one for the next weekend I might need new fins.

I'm very used to my fins being short and stiff, they are easy to store and have very good thrust (that's why I've have kept mine for over 18 years).

Are there on the market any fins with similar characteristics (or spare clips)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replacement straps should be pretty easy to find, they are in the EU, Australia, New Zealand and Japan anyway. Of course you being able to get them where you are in time for your next dive might be another story. Good luck.

Scubapro Seawing Nova Gorilla's come w/ a lifetime warranty. They should be replaced for free!

I am pretty sure he means the one from 18 years ago, which I am glad he still uses, since all my Seawings from then died long ago.

Last Thursday I was helping with a group of OW students and one of them got lost and I was told by the instructor to get to the surface and look for him (luckily the student just got confused and followed the wrong group, nothing to regret).

The current was somewhat strong that day and I got carried away about 100' from the boat, so to get back I had to do some serious kicking and while returning I remembered the bad shape of my fins and started fearing that the blades could break and then I would have been in trouble. That didn't happen but any way I have replaced my old gorillas with a Beuchat Powerjet Firmflex (which I have not had the opportunity to use).

But something is telling me that my search is not over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom