Scubapro gear ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aceboyd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some expert help please. I bought a set of Scubapro gear, mainly for the mark V/109 reg, and received a horse collar BC and the item I'm most curious about, a blue plastic backpack to carry the gear. I've done a search but found nothing and google rarely fails me. I'm thinking now the previous owner may have slapped the sticker on it himself but I'm curious. The BC has no power inflator and the reg only 2 LP ports and 1 HP port which should ofer clues to the vintage. Does anyone know anything about this thing? :confused: Dive, auto ebay 022.jpgDive, auto ebay 023.jpgDive, auto ebay 024.jpgDive, auto ebay 025.jpg

---------- Post added ----------

By the way, I'm sure it had a snap-on plastic lid at some point but I did not receive it.

That is a scubapro backpack made in either the late 70s or early 80s. The missing lid was hard plastic and had a cradle on either side with straps so you could attach a tank to the top. The thing was very uncomfortable even empty and the weight distribution was worse. They only made this item for a year or two at the most.

Found this in a "Scubapro" catalogue 1981 "richkellar" is right on the dates a smaller pic is in a 1978 issue img827.jpg

The lid on the one I saw was different, probably an earlier model. I guess they gave up on the idea by 81 and tried to sell the remaining stock as a new type of cooler.

got 2 of them here. works ok for tossing the gear into and rinsing out at the dock.

I just assumed that it was so old the vintage guys may have a better idea.

---------- Post added ----------

Many thanks for the info. Mine is definitely older than the one in the catalog and I could not imagne trying to hump around a tank on top of the uncomfortable thing. No wonder they did not make them very long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom