Scubapro G260 "Whistle"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HighLakes

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When I tried out my new G260 yesterday, I loved everything about it except for one little problem: it let out a slight whistle that seemed to get louder with increasing flow. As in, it was more noticeable on the latter half of my breath when I took the last sip, and obviously louder as I descended. It's a stellar breather, but the whistle obviously wasn't normal.

So I called Scubapro Tech Support, and they told me that the poppet in the first-run G260s are something on the order of 1/50inch too small, and have a chance of causing the whistle. Take it into a dealer and they will install the new poppet.

There ya have it folks.

When I tried out my new G260 yesterday, I loved everything about it except for one little problem: it let out a slight whistle that seemed to get louder with increasing flow. As in, it was more noticeable on the latter half of my breath when I took the last sip, and obviously louder as I descended. It's a stellar breather, but the whistle obviously wasn't normal.

So I called Scubapro Tech Support, and they told me that the poppet in the first-run G260s are something on the order of 1/50inch too small, and have a chance of causing the whistle. Take it into a dealer and they will install the new poppet.

There ya have it folks.

glad you got it sorted I wonder if SP will/ have spread the word publicly about this apparent known.

haven't heard anyone having that issue here...just picked my MK25/G260 up today. hope to try it out tomorrow.

My Aromic does the same apparently it's caused by the 1st stage if the piston O ring is dry. I spoke with a reg tech and said he had encountered this issue before with the MK25. Did you get it sorted?

Back
Top Bottom