Scubapro G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill you really should try a balanced/adjustable. You might never go back to the plastic. I own one G250, which I rarely use, and at least six of the old metal case regs, which I use all the time. You need the right mouthpiece for them and someone who can do a good job with the initial conversion to balanced and poppet/lever matching, but once it's done they're great.

Bill you really should try a balanced/adjustable. You might never go back to the plastic. I own one G250, which I rarely use, and at least six of the old metal case regs, which I use all the time. You need the right mouthpiece for them and someone who can do a good job with the initial conversion to balanced and poppet/lever matching, but once it's done they're great.

Do you recommend a specific mouthpiece? I bought a load of SP ones prior to actually trying them and I don't like them, the sides are too big and they irritate my gums. I've been using the long bite ones from DGX but if there is one more "suited" to the 109/156 I'd like to try it. Cheers.

I like the SP mouthpieces but I also have a few seacures and I like those quite a bit. It's really a personal preference, you just have to experiment and use what feels most comfortable to you.

Do you recommend a specific mouthpiece? I bought a load of SP ones prior to actually trying them and I don't like them, the sides are too big and they irritate my gums. I've been using the long bite ones from DGX but if there is one more "suited" to the 109/156 I'd like to try it. Cheers.

I use Atomic mouthpieces. I just put one on a Bal Adj a little while ago.

I was all hot and sweaty for new regs for my trip to the Keys. Had them all picked out and good pricing bids......Pulled my gear out last night to check it over well in advance of the trip....changed my mind....my MK10/G250 combo has served me well for 100's of dives. Never failed me or gave me reason for concern....would like to get a few more G250's. Killer deal the OP got..Very cool..Carry on..

Last edited:
Yes, I used to use those too until I lost a back tooth which caused them to rotate through the gap. I've since had it repaired so went back to the CBs but found they now irritate the roof of my mouth. Perhaps just need to try again for a few dives. I did used to loved them.

my MK10/G250 combo has served me well for 100's of dives. Never failed me or gave me reason for concern....would like to get a few more G250's.

Maybe try a balanced/adjustable, see how you like that. It's basically a G250 in a metal case.

Probably 90% of my dives for the last 15 years or so have been with MK5 or MK10. It's very difficult for me to justify 'updating' 1st stages when those basic balanced piston models perform so flawlessly and are so simple and inexpensive to service.

Especially with the SPEC boots for the MK10, the ability to pack the ambient chambers offers a fully sealed option for cold water.

try a balanced/adjustable, see how you like that. It's basically a G250 in a metal case.
An excellent idea if I've ever heard one! And I just so happen to know someone who has some for sale. :)
with MK5 or MK10
...has those for sale too. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom