Scubapro G250/MK10 WOB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is likely only a sales pitch to justify you having to buy new. I have been using MK-10's for 20+ years here in the cold waters of the Great Lakes. Tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, they are just fantastic. I own 5 or 6 of them. Only recently I got a couple MK-17/G250V sets. Haven't noticed a bunch of difference.....

Way back in the day Scubapro published WOB numbers and graphs in the catalog. The Mk 10 G250 has had some minor evolutionary improvements since then, but it would be ball park accurate if you can find an old catalog.

In general I agree, a Mk 10 G250 is a superb regulator, which becomes something of a sales impediment if you want to sell a new reg to an old customer as high end Scubapro regs tend to age very well and maintain their top performer status, in part because Scubapro has historically made improvements backward compatible and retrofits older model regs whenever practical rather than discontinuing them as is the case with many other companies.

The WOB of all our current regs are listed on our Web Site:

SCUBAPRO - G250V

The original G250 and the current G250V would rate approximately the same. The MK25 however would perform slightly above the MK10 due to its newer flow-through piston design. The MK10/G250 is and was one great regulator combo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom