Scubapro G2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I love my G2 but it’s dying. I get the impression that they may be phasing them out, which I guess doesn’t matter to me if the next one lasts 6 or 7 years. So, are they dinosaurs now? Some sites have them listed as discontinued. I really don’t want a computer that makes navigating the menus like solving Rubik’s cube.

Not sure what your point is. If you want air integration and have an SP transmitter look at the G 3 or a Luna (the newest ones) if you want the hottest new thing on the block the SW Peregrine tx looks great available widely for $1k with a swift transmitter.

Interesting. I didn’t see the G3 listed on the Scubapro site. I’ll look around.

I found the G3. The display is smaller than I am comfortable with. The G2 tek looks nice but I really don’t want to buy a new transmitter when I have two that work. Thanks for the input.

I get the impression that they may be phasing them out, which I guess doesn’t matter to me if the next one lasts 6 or 7 years.

Where did you get this impression from? I never received anything from SP concerning phasing out the G2. In fact, one of my students is receiving their G2 from SP in few days.

The G2 tek looks nice but I really don’t want to buy a new transmitter when I have two that work.
Why do you have to buy new transmitter when you buy the G2 Tek? The G2 Tek doesn't come with a transmitter at all. If you already have transmitter(s) that worked with the G2, they will still work with the G2 Tek no problem.

I love my G2 but it’s dying.
How is it "dying"?

Where did you get this impression from? I never received anything from SP concerning phasing out the G2. In fact, one of my students is receiving their G2 from SP in few days.

Why do you have to buy new transmitter when you buy the G2 Tek? The G2 Tek doesn't come with a transmitter at all. If you already have transmitter(s) that worked with the G2, they will still work with the G2 Tek no problem.

How is it "dying"?
In my OP perhaps I wasn’t clear. One vendor had “discontinued” in red font in their ad for the G2. A couple others had limited inventory. I found a replacement for a decent price for computer only. I have a transmitter and a backup and don’t feel like paying for an unnecessary upgrade.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the do discontinue the G2 as it’s pretty long in the tooth, the G3 is a very capable computer but it is of the new popular Watch style so a smaller screen is part of the deal.

If they are going to discontinue the G2 I bet there will be some great deals to be found.

Scuba.com and Scubapro websites still show the G2 wrist and console computers available. I have one as my primary computer and very happy with it.

I hope to have concrete info on the future of the G2 in the coming few days. I was thinking that perhaps SP is consolidating the two versions of the G2. I'll find out what's what in few days I hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom