Scubapro G2 - Deco stops problem :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought the Galileo 2 (G2) from Scubapro and I am experiencing a bad moment when it comes to its deco stops.

On a same dive, same profile, I get 2 minutes of compulsory deco stops on my Scubapro Mantis and 3 minutes deco on a Galileo Luna, while on my new G2, I have 10 minutes at 15ft !
To make it worst, after the 10 minutes is over, it gives me 2 more minutes of compulsory stops at 9ft. This a complete joke :) Every single dive is like this and it is impossible to dive with such a computer.

MB levels are set to L0 on all of them.

What is wrong with my G2 ? Factory defect ?
The G2 is used with the HRM belt.

Does anyone have any idea what settings might be wrong ?

There was another recent post on this issue - same problem. Search for @beaverdivers and G2 I think. One diver came up with a workaround.

I'm having similar problems I will clear a deco(4 min at 10 feet) and then a few minutes later the last deco (4 min at 10 feet) will popup again. Once the second deco (4 min at 10 feet) cleared a few minutes later I had a (1 min at 10 feet) pop up and I have gone no deeper than 27 feet after the last deco cleared.
Today I cleared my deco and 3 min safety stop and my computer SOSed however my Suunto DX was fine, I'm confused. Anybody else having problems?
Thanks
Bill

I have been experiencing problem with the middle button of my G2. It doesn't correspond like the other buttons and has a slow return. Does anyone else experience same problem ?

I had a similar problem with my Galileo. If you're lucky, it's just a stray salt crystal. I soaked mine in warm fresh water overnight and worked the button dozens of times while submerged. Problem gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom